Kel-Tec 308

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by MrApathy, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Yeah, I'm kind of uneasy about forward ejection myself as well.

Those spent casings get pushed through a tube, which too me just sounds like an invitation to trouble.

I mean I don't know if I like the FN FS2000 spurting out 3 rounds at a time and then have spent brass push other spent brass out forward.

Most FN guys will swear that it works fine and I do kind of trust FN, BUT it just gives me the hebbie jeebies.

Interesting solution though to the bullpup problem.

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I'm sure it works fine when pointed uphill, but the cases dribbling out the front just weirds me out. I advised a friend against it for SHTF use.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It took 7 months to come up with that reply? :shock: Talk about back from the dead...

I would be interested in seeing how hard it will be to clear a malfunction - it doesn't exactly look like the easiest thing to do on the FS2K. I can only imagine how "bothersome" it could be if tiny sonic booms were feverishly chasing hunks of lead passing a few inches over your head :eek:. I have no qualms about the forward ejection - I'm willing to embrace the innovation if it works, and thus far it seems to be a hit. 8)

4. majette

majette Member

rumor i heard a while back is that this kel-tec .308 will retail for 3k!

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

3k!
    -------------------------
    :shock: :shock: :shock: No way.

6. m00t

m00t New Member

3k is the announced-ish MSRP for the Target variant with 5-way adjustable trigger and 32" (yes, thirty-two inch) barrel. It'll push a .308 round to 30-06 velocities in a rifle w/oal of 40 inches ^_^

ktsm at the KTUG forums reminds us that the street price will definitely be less than 3k on the target model...

Other variants have MSRP in the 1500-2500 range, depending on barrel length, type, and accessories... it looks to be a high quality rifle from my view, but time will surely tell! The top ejection chute has a mechanism for keeping brass from reentering the rifle, and casings are pushed into it with authority, then released. Clearing a jam is the large drawback right now, as it requires taking the magazine out of the rifle...

nonetheless, I'm going to have to start saving my pennies...

7. m00t

m00t New Member

My oh my.

So I was poking around in the dictionary, looking up the definition of "ubahr sexxah" and, posted right next to the brief blurb about losing any trace of coherent thought due to distraction, were these pictures (click for big :D):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. My buddy swears up and down his FS2000 is easy to clear malfunctions.

The military of Solvenia just took delivery of a huge shipment of FS2000s and it is their standard militry firearm and they had a pretty open competition. May not inspire a lot of confidence, but the folks over at fivesevenforum.com swear that the FS2000 forward ejection works well.

I'd be open to purchasing the Kel-Tec RFB. The trigger is suppose to be amazing and they claim they've overcome the connections problems that have caused bullpup triggers in the past like the AUG and FS2000 to be mushy and heavy.

Only thing about the RFB is that you couldn't have a well positioned forward vertical grip and the recoil in the video looks pretty wicked.

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ya, and the folks over at fivesevenforum.com also swear that the 5.7x28mm is a suitable cartridge for self defense. :roll: :lol:

Seriously though, I've heard nothing but good things about the FS2K's ejection - if our very own babj615 would ever take his out and shoot it instead of just letting it gather dust in his closet :wall:, we could have our very own resident expert. :p

The Keltec just isn't doing it for me - it looks like a Hi-Point or something. Just not my style, I guess... :snooty:

(at least it's .308 - that helps to justify the high cost in my mind - $2k+ .223's drive me crazy :sick:)

10. The Forward Ejection of the FS2000 has so far worked. I haven't seen any issues reported by anyone for over two years now that they've been in civilian hands that had to deal with the forward ejection.