Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm probably going to order an open top holster from FIST soon.
Last order took 3 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Holster off the shelf that works for the m9a1

Recently purchased an IWB Ross Leather M17RT H&K40comp for my M9a1.
Great fit especially with rails.
Found it at Sportsmans Warehouse in Denver, $29. on closeout. Nothing else @ the store was even a close fit for the m9a1 except for the plastic bag they gave me @ checkout.
Worth a look, as the leather is smooth side in, the top is open and allows for one handed reholstering.
Very comfort able. FYI

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it arrived from UPS this afternoon. The craftsmanship and finish seem top-notch. It is tight as hell so far though, I think it is going to take some serious breaking in. I could hardly get my M9 back out when I forced it in the first time. Nothing like breaking in a virgin (holster).

Looks like it took FIST about a month to turn around my order. Not too bad at all.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You do know that this discussion is useless without a picture. :wink:

As fir break in I like to use an ultrathin dress sock with the gun inside. let it sit overnight or 24 hours. Then struggle to remove the wrapped gun. That usually gets things started.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking to order an IWB kydex from FIST. The prices seem reasonable. Any ideas on which IWB configuartion would work best???
thanks........... :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd probably get the K1 with all the attachments, seems like it'd be the best value.. kydex, tuckable, IWB/OWB, velcro, j clips, c clips..

I'd rather have a #19 hybrid though. Leather outside, Kydex inside.

I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in the fact that the FIST collapsed so easily, I'm thinking of sending my 43 back in to see if it can become a hybrid.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Thunderbear said:
I'd probably get the K1 with all the attachments, seems like it'd be the best value.. kydex, tuckable, IWB/OWB, velcro, j clips, c clips..

I'd rather have a #19 hybrid though. Leather outside, Kydex inside.

I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in the fact that the FIST collapsed so easily, I'm thinking of sending my 43 back in to see if it can become a hybrid.
Are you talking kydex that collapsed ??? that's not good..............if your talking leather, unless its reinforced with kydex or metal, its can collapse on you..........

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nah, it's leather, and only about a year or so old. I've since switched to an AKJ Concealco Readyline ambi IWB:

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Thunderbear said:
Nah, it's leather, and only about a year or so old. I've since switched to an AKJ Concealco Readyline ambi IWB:

Nice package........ 8) Gotta get me a KelTec........ :wink: is that the new holster??? Where did you get the AKJ.........?

·
Registered
348 Posts
http://www.concealco.com

It really is a kickass holster, I'm really happy with it.

The way it fits the holster inside natural body lines for me is kickass.

Rides like so..

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Thunderbear, what brand are those three dot sites??? are those tritium or regular........???

·
Registered
348 Posts
PT tritium night sights, $81 on the group buy. The S9A1 is about to get some next week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts