Just ONE reason im boycotting STEYR from this moment on.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ripped, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Ripped

Ripped Guest

they should have thought about the reprocussions long before the sale of the hs50`s.. ill turn in my steyrclub badge as well.. steyr weapons killing americans is bad JUJU.....and i want no part of it. i hope steyr goes broke and flatlines. and maybe NOW the US will impose the Sanctions against steyr that should have never been lifted in the first place.

i remain....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070215/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

2. Ripped

Ripped Guest

heres a lil more PROOF than the previous article.. not asking anyone to join me in my departure from Steyr. but i would not support anyone who sold firearms to criminals either. this is a lil worse than selling to a felon if you ask me.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 09,00.html

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hmmm...

Tuff call, Ripped. 8-O I think I'll wait for the big picture before decidin' on that one. I've watched enough of those little black and white Radioshack TV's to miss quite a bit of what's goin' on behind the snow. <shrug> This'll hafta be each individual's call to conscience based on what they believe to be right with their world...and what is wrong in it for them. Seems to me, vigilance and understanding is becoming increasingly important for us all. I respect your decision one way or the other, though it seems your verdict is in. May your heart find peace. G'luck.

Wulf

4. Ripped

Ripped Guest

my heart has found peace my friend Wulf.. its the idiots at steyr that need to find it. i feel bad for the guy who just aquired steyr .. now his world is gonna come crashing down.. watch/read the news.. p00p is hittin the fan rather quickly. Our comradeary shall never change here. but our opinions will always vary. If there were RRA or bushmaster rifles running around in iraq in enemy hands, id boycott them as well. and NO i do not own any AK`s or SKS`s .why support communism??? at least GLOCK has not been as stupid as its offspring.

5. steyrcase

steyrcase Member

I respect your conscience in this matter.
    On one hand the transaction was perfectly legal.
    On the other, the results were predictable give the Iranian theocracy's track record. At best the HS50's may provide irrefutable proof of Iranian government involvement in the Iraqi Shiite terror and help others stand up against the truly evil religious fascists in Teheran.

6. GTrain

GTrain Guest

boycott

This hole situation isnt too good for steyr. Hopefully this new fella who bought Steyr will do some re-structuring and help fix this problem or several problems including the whole lack of parts state side. but on a different note...... you boycotting does this mean your are trying to get rid of some guns?? just wondering

7. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

theres only one source for the article and that is the Telegraph check the discussion in the pub.

read where the news if from the telegraph article comes from the AFP service means it will be the same as the the article from the telegraph which is not syndicated much.

its big news if true but why hasnt it been picked up by the major media?

from
    http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 09,00.html

whats new its the same story from the Telegraph
    unnamed defense sources perhaps they know where the WMD's are as well.

US media should be all over this if true what better proof of Irans involvement could there be. Steyr tracked all serial numbers in sale to Iran and they had to fill out strenuous documentation before the sale was approved.

do some history checking look into who supported Bush for the war in Iraq? England.

who created Iraq in the first place ? England during the occupation back after WW1.
    more things change the more they stay the same http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl2108/ ... 008000.htm

should look into what the CIA did in Iran many years ago.

when the Telegraph story talks of casualties look at the other story out same topic Iran supplying weapons though it gives no mention of steyr just explosives and EFP's or super IED's with armor penetrators why the hell do both stories mention 170 casualties and same amount of wounded think 620 or so only 1 talks about steyr only 1 has pictures of remains of EFP's?

check my last post in the thread on what has to be done ie EUC for trade to go.

you going to join iansa,bradycampaign,mmm and UN. England is such a great media outlet with a free press :roll: .
    English press never massaged any stories to go to war in Iraq
    :roll:
    S&W was just a great company under British ownership
    :roll:

the news stinks
    try to have some objectivity and independent thought other than what the media trys to feed you.

how many gun dealers make purchasers in the US fill out anything equivalent to the EUC? which prohibits straw purchase,outlines use and forbids misuse.

8. Ripped

Ripped Guest

9. Ripped

Ripped Guest

Re: boycott

Steyrs are already gone.. :)

10. steyrcase

steyrcase Member

From the NY Post article:
    Franz Holzschuh, Steyr's CEO, said the company had not officially been contacted by anyone to verify the serial numbers on the rifles. He said there was a possibility the weapons were reproductions and that there were "thousands" of these in circulation.

"Fact is, we never delivered to Iraq," he said

Maybe this is why there has been there hasn't been any firm declaration linking these weapons to the Iranian government. Poor reporting, unchecked facts, what has become of the investigative skills of both the press and the government? At least one of them needs to get their act together so we have some source of trustworth information.

11. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

are you even reading any of the links your posting?

try reading this

Telegraph youll find it in every article you pointed it as the source of information

only source for all the stories syndicated by the Telegraph
    who is there source unnamed defence sources.

12. Ripped

Ripped Guest

i suggest you turn on CNN msnbc or whatever your fancy... :) truth be told i would not be suprised if the US and several other countrys cut off austria all together. My sources are withheld at this juncture. :)

13. Fredhead

Fredhead New Member

I have not yet read the provided links,
    but surely everyone here knows that our
    own country, the USA, which I love and
    have proudly served, is the worlds largest
    arms maker and seller.

14. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Expecting a nonally to sanction one of their top armsmakers for selling to a country they have no issues with under a binding international law agreement that prohibits the sale to any third party seems silly, at best.

What do they care? Frankly, if we sold their enemies weapons I wouldn't give a damn. I can't imagine they feel much differently.

Holding Steyr accountable for selling arms to some fuckup country is like holding Smith and Wesson responsible for an armed bank heist.

15. Ripped

Ripped Guest

sorry you feel that way. now put your mom ,dad ,sister ,brother or kids in the said bank or battefield and rethink your last statement as the trigger is pulled.. Dont blind yourself with ignorance.. Steyr screwed up!. they knew it when they did it.

edit to add: Keep your eye on Glen Beck.. he is DUE to DESTROY steyr publicly within the next 72 hours.

16. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Ignorance? I've been there and been shot at, so ignorance isn't in my particular view, thanks.

It doesn't make a goddamn bit of difference who is in the bank. Suing Smith and Wesson takes the responsibility off the fucking THIEF. Which is what is happening here. An armsmaker in a nonaligned country sells his wares in good faith that they will be used to combat drug trafficking in the buyer's country. Why's the focus on Steyr? Why isn't Iran being thrown against the wall for fucking up, yet again?

Steyr was warned not to sell the rifles by the US. Steyr agreed to not sell them if import sanctions against them were lifted . We ignored them, and they sold them. They don't owe us any favors.

Iran is the problem. Not Steyr.

17. Ripped

Ripped Guest

Opinions Vary.

come to your own conclusion..we all love free will. its not a debate. im done with Steyr and the United States Government is done with em and Austria as a whole as well. Glock might have issues soon as well. although they are US manufactured as well as Austrian manufactured so it wont be as hard of a hit on them.

18. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

Ah come on ripped,

Its never about the gun, or the explosive, or the rock.
    Its about the guy pulling the trigger, or planting and setting off the explosive or throwing the rock and their motivations. It is the killers who must be held accountable not the inanimate objects they use.

Steyr didnt sell these guns to the Iranian government and encourage them to give them to terrorists/insurgents and encourage them to shoot at American troops; any more than the US government gave stinger missiles to the Mujadeen so they could share the technology with the Chinese and the Iranians so they could eventually supply and encourage terrorists/insurgents to target American helicopters.

19. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, Thunder* 8-O

"Nail on the head" comes to mind, but I'm sure there is more to it than that since it makes sense to me. On a deeper level, it all appears to be as clear as mud. It does seem that having the firearm serial #'s and doin' a little backtrackin' could shed a bit of light on their supply lines. That could be an important part of the database connecting Iran and Iraq and enemy activities, past, present, and future. It even occurs to me that disinformation could be in use. Too, there is the credibility issues of whatever source is responsible for this info. For me and my little mind, unilateral armed aggression is a can of worms for all global arms manufacturers. I expect there will be more intel gathered, sorted and collaborated that will yield a greater understanding of what happened in the Steyr/Iran sale and what the next step will be to see that it doesn't happen again. We have some good watchdawgs out there to guard our perimeters. Turn 'em out to patrol and see what's out there that we need to deal with. When they bark, we investigate. Until we know what it is that they've found of interest to them, we must stay allert and ready to respond. Certainly, having an accurate understanding of the situation, then acting quickly and correctly will yield the best results. Worked for John Wayne. <shrug> My prayers are that our boys will be OK and come home safe and sound, ASAP. They are needed here, too for family and friends. God bless 'em. Amen <sigh> Far as Steyr firearms fallin' into the hands of our enemies and being used against us, well, that was a matter of time. Now its time to learn from what happened and find ways to make sure that it won't happen again for the sake of our warriors. I doubt that simply boycottin' Steyr at this time would have the affect that we're hopin' for. What would make more sense to me is making sure that Steyr knows that we are a great market for their wares and won't appreciate them selling to our enemies. I'm thinking that the message has already been driven home and that Franz Holzschuh is a man that understands his position in the scheme of things. I'm bettin' he's jumpin' through hoops to accommodate American wants and desires--sellin' Steyr products to our enemies that could result in the loss of American lives and the lives of our allies is not in their best interest and won't be tolerated. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Wulf