Just got another 15-round mag with a too short spring

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by kraigster414, Nov 21, 2007.

1. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

What's up with the 15-round mag springs?! After the two that came with my new gun had too short springs - I believe they were the springs for the 10-round CA compliant mag but not sure, I just received a new 15-round mag from CDNN with another short spring. The last two replacement mags I got from CDNN (said 14 not 15 rounds on the housing) had the longer springs. I believe the shorter springs that came in the mags with the gun were what contributed to the problems I had early on with the slide not locking back after the last round - cured by switching to the mags with the longer spring.

This is really confusing. Are there that many mags out there with the wrong spring? What's going on here??? :shock:

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

A: Possibly, Yes....

B: You are apparently a bad spring magnet!!!!!!

:wink: :wink:

I just purchased another M9 with 5 mags and upon disassembly I found them all to have correct springs.

So, I am still only 3 bad in about 40 magazines....

Not a horrible percentage....

Happy holidays!!

8) 8)

3. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I am beginning to think the mags stamped 14 vs.15 are less risky. I just called CDNN and am not too thrilled - whereas Davidson's said they would send out two new mags for pickup at the dealer where I got my gun - they didn't even ask for the original mags back (gun was purchased from Davidson's online and the two mags that came with it both had the short springs), CDNN send to send them back the mag and they would replace it with another but would not take the time compare the springs - something that only takes a few seconds to do as we all know. So I may very well get another mag from CDNN with a short spring. I am beginning to think that Davidson's has the edge on customer service and the extra $50 it cost me to get my gun through them vs. CDNN perhaps was a good idea. I like the idea of Davidson's lifetime guarantee in addition to the factory warranty.

Happy holidays! :)

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Hmmm. Was just about to send off to CDNN for 15-rounders. :?:

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...and why wouldn't ya'?

I think Kraigster got all the bad 'nes....

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers....

6. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Unfortunately, we don't have too many options.

This has not been my day. I also managed to ding up my 1911 slide trying to drift the rear sight. What's next?

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Kraig,

If it helps ya feel any better, I recently dinged up my M9 trying to move a rear sight....

...and cost me $140.00 to fix'er up real nice.....

...Maybe you should put the weapons down for the rest of the day, have a cold drink, or two... or three.....

And try again tomorrow?

Best to you....

:? :?

8. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I hear ya Babster but I just had Robar Roguard the d--n thing! And what's worse, it's a Nighthawk Enforcer II (Commander). Slide is off to Nighhawk now and G-- knows how much they are going to charge to correct my screw-up. Actually, I am thinking of selling it - I bought it used from my stepson. Beautiful gun but I am starting to think these high priced 1911s are more trouble than they're worth and I already have a Colt Govt Series 70. I'm thinking HK P30 or maybe another P2000 in 9mm. What do you think?

Amazing what a bottle of Thunderbird can do to ease your nerves. I'm feeling better. :D

9. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I had to look it up... bum wine :shock: :shock:

Ever notice on the bottle of MD 20/20 where it says serves 8?? I always say not tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

But only the finest bums drink it.

Ever sample Everclear? It's like 90 proof. I use it in my cigar cabinet to prevent mold.

11. heavymetalmachine

Yup :wink: but round here it's just to easy to get your shine on :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

12. heavymetalmachine

Now that I think of it the last time I had Everclear I used it to clean my pipes.. And I mean these kinda pipes :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

That Sav is my favorite.....

13. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

That looks like powerful stuff young man. You use a straw? I hear them "Revenue Agents" like Steyrs too.

14. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

That looks like a nice Peterson pipe. I have a few. They have gotten very expensive.. But oops, I see you said Savenelli? Dead ringer for a Peterson.

15. heavymetalmachine

Savinelli Alligator Gold Dry System Is what it is..

I like this one too..

Man I gave a lot more than that!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

16. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I have a pipe very similar to that but before we get admin all in a tizzy we better stay on topic. I once suggested at another gun forum that we have a cigar room and would you believe, they almost went for it (but no cigar :))

I have a whole collection of pipes but rarely smoke them anymore - I even have a Dunhill that my dad gave me. The wife loves the smell of pipe tobacco but cigars are so much easier (the wife hates cigars). Ok, ok admin, we're gonna stop. Back to kraigster's gun screw-ups. :D

17. heavymetalmachine

ok ok so want to talk about screw up's??

My Slide Glide lite came in today. I swear it is the same grease I get At wallmart for my grease gun. Smalls the same looks the same acts the same :lol:

18. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Oh no, no, no. It's got magical properties.

WalMart sells grease guns? They sell the ammo for 'em too?

19. lordcase

lordcase Guest

Everclear is 190 proof. Yes, 190. That makes it 95 percent alcohol. It has quite a kick to it. I imagine it kills any sort of mold that might be arrogant enough to think it could proliferate in your gun cabinet.

20. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Right you are. I was thinking alcohol not proof. My bad. It's also an excellent paint stripper.