Just got a sweeet deal on an M9-A1!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by opto_isolator, Jun 5, 2007.

1. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

I was in the market for a 9mm, however I didn't feel like waiting until the S9 comes out....

I was going to get a Beretta Storm PX4 (AWESOME gun btw!) - may still do that later this year! But in the meantime, I just bought this baby from this gentleman off of glock talk:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php ... did=708847

What a sweet deal - only about 200 rounds through it for $335 picked up! All I need to do is drive about an hour to get it.

Can't wait!

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

she's not even broken in yet!!!

you'll love it.

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats.
    Shoot the snot out of it.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. Let us know how it goes. :)

5. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

Crap -

The guy calls me today and says that the take down piece broke!!!

I don't understand this - he says its cracked. Not sure what the deal is, but I'm guessing this is an easily replaceable part. He says he is trying to get ahold of steyr and see.

Not sure how I feel about this.

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

In that case, it wasn't a good deal at all. New M9A1 and M40A1s go for 330-340 + tax at local gunshows...

But then again, you can send the pistol into Steyr and they will almost certainly get it fixed up and ready to go. It is real easy to remove the take down lever - did he say how it happened? First I've ever heard of someone breaking that part...

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Opto, you do know you can get a NIB M9A1 or M40A1 for $350 from http://cdnnsports.com/, don't you?

Unless they've sold out, it's the greatest deal since Manhattan Island was purchased for a bag of glass beads.

8. Kokitron

Kokitron New Member

Hey man, no need to rain on opto's parade... Let him enjoy his find. I remember how exited I was when I held that steyr for the first time.
    You are right that for $350 he could get a new one but with taxes+shipping and all the transfer fees he would end up paying well over $450. Private sales are the way to go. I am sure they'll take care of you at SAI and replace that cracked take down lever. How in the world do you crack that?
    I hope it not an indication of other things going wrong with the pistol. Anyway, best of luck...

9. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

Yeah, that's exactly it. I didn't want to deal with all of the hassle and fees.....

I'll see if I can contact him tomorrow to work things out.

10. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

How much will you spend to send the pistol to Steyr? About $50?

11. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I spent $47.50 to send my M40-A1 back for repairs. Like I said in another thread, I wasn't going to lie when it came to shipping a gun. Definitely take shipping cost into consideration. Also, some states you have to go through a dealer.

12. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

Well,

The guy says that steyr is going to send him a box to send the gun in to them. Only thing is, the guy is moving to GA. He claims he comes back to FL for his new job, every month. Also said he'd contact me when he gets the gun back from Steyr. I'm not holding my breath. My guess is that he got a better deal locally and didn't want to sell to me.

I offered to buy as is, and replace the part myself, but he declined, which makes me suspicious.

Oh well - there are other deals out there, I'm sure.

13. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Contact CDNN and just order one - you would get a brand new pistol for under $400...

14. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Sounds like this guy got seller's remorse at the last minute.

15. jmlpa

jmlpa Guest

16. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, Opto* :shock:

Guy sounds like a squid dick to me. <shrug> Best ya not get any coodies from 'im, IMHO. CDNN, Dude. Talk to Jerry.

Wulf