Just another FNG

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Guest, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Just found out about this forum and decided to become part of the club. I'm more of a "Hunting Rifle" guy than anything else. I do own a few pistols and a shotgun but most of my collection are hunting sticks. Spent 16 years in te Army and those black rifles just don't do it for me anymore. I'm a huge fan of Steyr rifles and have an Ultra Light in 243 Win (fell head over heels for it earlier this year at the SHOT Show) and a Camo SBS in 338 Fed on back-order.

SPAD

2. alagator

alagator New Member

Welcome to the club. You've already got a beauty (the Ultra Light) and now you are waiting for a beast-- that camo prohunter. Same beautiful action, just a big ol' plastic stock you can drag through the nastiest places without worries-- it is already ugly, so go ahead :wink: Ive got two of these plastic stock wonders, and love to hunt with them. Mine are grey-- a mountain blued in .270, and a stainless in 7mm Rem Mag. They both shoot better than I can, and they both put venison in the freezer. I use the mountain for the woods, and the heavy 7mm for stand hunting over fields and pastures. Hope you get the prohunter in time for the hunting season. Elk?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Nope, the Camo SBS 338 FED won't be here in time for this Elk season, maybe for my Birthday or Christmas. I have already determined that my Sako (One of my other favorite rifle manufacturers) Finnlight in 300 WSM will be trapesing around with me for this season.