Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out about this forum and decided to become part of the club. I'm more of a "Hunting Rifle" guy than anything else. I do own a few pistols and a shotgun but most of my collection are hunting sticks. Spent 16 years in te Army and those black rifles just don't do it for me anymore. I'm a huge fan of Steyr rifles and have an Ultra Light in 243 Win (fell head over heels for it earlier this year at the SHOT Show) and a Camo SBS in 338 Fed on back-order.

SPAD

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the club. You've already got a beauty (the Ultra Light) and now you are waiting for a beast-- that camo prohunter. Same beautiful action, just a big ol' plastic stock you can drag through the nastiest places without worries-- it is already ugly, so go ahead :wink: Ive got two of these plastic stock wonders, and love to hunt with them. Mine are grey-- a mountain blued in .270, and a stainless in 7mm Rem Mag. They both shoot better than I can, and they both put venison in the freezer. I use the mountain for the woods, and the heavy 7mm for stand hunting over fields and pastures. Hope you get the prohunter in time for the hunting season. Elk?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, the Camo SBS 338 FED won't be here in time for this Elk season, maybe for my Birthday or Christmas. I have already determined that my Sako (One of my other favorite rifle manufacturers) Finnlight in 300 WSM will be trapesing around with me for this season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts