Joined the club today!

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by rlwood29, Sep 1, 2007.

1. rlwood29

rlwood29 Guest

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you folks know that I just ordered my Steyr 9MA1 from CDNN today. Hard to get much information on these pistols but from what I could find out they are fine firearms and very underrated. Besides, I am getting a brand new pistol at virtually a used gun price. Basically this seems like what I need to do:

1. Field strip the gun and clean and lube.
    2. Dry fire and work the slide.
    3. Take it out and break it in.

Anything else I should do with my new Steyr?

Thanks
    BTW I also just order a holster and mag pouch from Blade Tech so I should be ready for the range.

2. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

Welcome aboard rlwood29 and congratulations on your fine pistol purchase.

Sounds like you are well on your way to a great experience.
    A few folks have reported issues with the cosmoline coated hot texas warehouse stored CDNN pistols out of the box.
    So in addition to your planned cleaning and oiling of the gun, slide racking and dry firing: ya might also want to take a look at the mags and give them a good cleaning and oiling too if they look gummed up at all.

Happy shooting

3. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Sound like you have all the bases covered rlwood29.

Don't forget that newbies must post a range report :wink:

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Welcome to Steyr Club! 8)

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats on the CDNN bargain.
    Welcome and do as stated above with cleaning guna nd mags.

6. rlwood29

rlwood29 Guest

As instructed I need to leave a range report so just a brief update. I picked up my M9 A1 on Saturday from the local FFL; cleaned and lubed her and dry fired and worked the slide. I also tried to figure out the sights. I took her out Sunday and put about 150 rounds of FMJ through the pistol. Absolutely no problems, all four magazines worked fine, shot pretty well, (for me, which is why I got the gun, I need a lot of practice). I guess all would be COM but I need to get to the point that I am shooting 10X, not 3” groups somewhere close to the Bullseye. Looking forward to the next range visit, I will try some defensive ammo and see how she likes that. Also I just received an email that my Blade Tech holster and magazine holders are already finished; I order them the next day after I ordered the pistol and they said about three to four weeks so that is less then half the time I expected. I am a pretty happy camper!

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Be sure to post a review on the blade-tech in our Holster forum to let us know how you like it. I'd give it a week or two before doing a write-up - you never really know how well they work until you've had some time to really try them out. I absolutely love my UCH!