JMG Holsters?

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by beatnik, Nov 6, 2007.

1. beatnik

beatnik Guest

http://www.jmgholsters.com/products.htm

I just ran into this page this morning.
    This guy makes holsters for the M!!
    He makes IWB holsters for both the M and the MA1.
    However, I'm looking for an OWB holster, and he doesn't have the M in OWB, only the MA1.
    Has anyone had experience with this holster maker?
    Can anyone say whether my regular ol' M will work in an MA1 holster?

Thanks in advance!

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Great find. This vendor needs to be added to our holster sticky list. Good to see more makers adding Steyr pistols.

Work looks good and the price is definitely right. Been needing another lefty holster and I do like leather.

Sorry, but I can't answer your question about M and MA1 holster differences, if any.

You can probably find the answer to your question in the Holsters forum here on the site. :mrgreen:

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ask and ye shall receive... Done. 8)

4. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

I know that there is enough of a difference in the dust cover to preclude using Kydex holsters interchangeably.
    Leather may have enough flexibility to work for either. I bet if you contacted this mfg. they would be able to answer the question directly.

5. Rick

Rick New Member

It looks like he is in the Houston area. I'll see what I can find out and post findings.

Another Lefty looking
    R

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

How boutcha, Madecov? :shock:

Ya know where this guy is? Can ya getta recon on 'is goods? :shock:

Wulf

7. Rick

Rick New Member

Here's the response i received to my email inquiry......

Hello! Yes, I am in the Houston area. I make my holsters in my house so no shop....yet.I am usually in and out of the house since I am a full time student at UH and when I am here I am making holsters . All my holsters are made to order BUT i would be glad to make one for the Steyr and take multiple pictures of it from all angles so that everybody can get a better feel for them. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in any way, Thank you

- Jose Guerrero
    http://www.jmgholsters.com

8. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Rich,
    My experience is not quite in agreement with this. I have a Crossbreed that works with both. I have a FIST Kydex that works with both. And I have a kydex IDPA holster I bought from ikorman, but it is a little loose for M when set for A1, and vice versa. I did have to flare the lip of the Crossbreed down a touch so as not to catch the first notch in the MA1 Picatinny rail, but that's it.

I have practiced with your quad mag carrier, and am pumped for my next IPSC production match when I can try it out.

Ben

9. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Jose of SMG does nice work and he's fast. Pay 2 bucks more and get the sweat band. You'll be thankful in the summer.

[​IMG]

10. madecov

madecov Active Member

General rule of thumb.
    If the A1 fits the M will be a bit loose. If the M fits, the A1 may or more likely will not fit.

In my search for a Duty holster I found that Safariland makes one model for the M series, My A1 will not fit without modification.

My Comp-Tac A1 holster (custom built for me) will fit an M. My M series Comp tac would not fit the A1.

I had a Galco Fletch for the M and my A1 wouldn't fit, other say it does work.

Best thing is to find a holster made specifically for the gun in question.

11. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Nice price for a reinforced mouth. Looks like another $30 will have to go out the door.

12. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I've spent more for a lot less SD. :) Like for gas while sitting motionless on 395.

13. samgotit

samgotit Guest

Just ordered one.

They really look great.

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

JMG makes a great OWB, here's mine with my M357-A1, lower right.
    [​IMG]
    And here it is right under my fat roll on my left side.
    [​IMG]
    Fits great, less filling and wears great, too. I forget it's on when I'm wearing it. Now you see it...
    [​IMG]
    Now you don't. :mrgreen:

15. DrC

DrC New Member

Just got my holster from JMG holsters for my M40-A1. It fits great. I Just ordersd one for inside the belt. Have been looking a long time for a holster. Good find. Thanks for the reccomendation. Their web page is wwwjmgholsters.com

16. SELFDEFENSE

Just ordered an IWB-7 tuckable for my FNP-45.

17. SELFDEFENSE

Just got the email that it shipped today.
    Will keep you posted.

18. GMG

GMG Guest

Selfdefense,

Did you receive your IWB-7? How is it? Thinking of buying one...

Thanks,
    GMG

19. Spectre23

Spectre23 New Member

Just ordered mine. Went with the 7.

20. SELFDEFENSE

Have not received it yet. Will have to inquire.