Iyamanutjob to visit Ground Zero?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Have you heard about Iranian President Iyamanutjob’s plan to visit ground zero in New York City? Crazy as it sounds, it’s true. Frankly, I don’t think we should allow the nutjob to even enter the country, much less speak at the United Nations, but letting him go to ground zero is just … nuts! I can’t say it much stronger than the New York Daily News did.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/09/20/2007-09-20_no_way_no_how.html

See also: Madman Ahmadinejad has blood of our heroes on his hands

Also the New York Post calls him A Monster with Chutzpah

So far, the somewhere-to-the-left-of-Hillary New York Times has been silent on the issue. No story. No editorial. I guess you have to be an American general to get insulted and slandered by the Gray Lady.

I did find a NYTimes blog note that says N.Y. Mayor "Take their guns and let 'em eat cake" Bloomberg has backed down and won't be inviting the world's leading terrorist to visit Ground Zero after all.

And "60 Minutes" will honor the dishonorable with an interview to be broadcast Sunday, in which Nutjob says he has decided not to go after all, but can't imagine why anybody would object. Imagine that!

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ans-leader-to-visit-ground-zero/index.html?hp

2. DoubleTap

DoubleTap New Member

Maybe they should let him? I'm sure someone in NYC has a high-powered rifle and a scope.

3. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

This is "A Muslim is a Muslim is a Muslim" bigotry. Ahmadinejad is the leader of a Shia country while Al Qaeda is a Sunni terrorist organization. Iran would sooner give up their nuclear weapons than directly support the actions of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

Most of the terrorist that knocked down the Twin Towers came from Saudi Arabia, not that we would ever condemn their leaders for visiting the site. Heck, we're giving them $30 Billion in heavy defense spending over the next decade instead.

There are much bigger issues than where a bag of hot air (who won't survive his countries next election) goes on his trips to the UN.

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

How about telling our troops in Iraq getting blown away with EFP's from Iran that Iyamanutjob isn't supporting AQ.

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Stinkyakmedjihad's role in supplying IEDs and fighters makes his propaganda visit a no-go.
    BTW, the left-wing phony president of Columbia U. purported that he would not let ROTC on campus because of gays in the military "don't ask-don't tell" policy. But he invites Stinky who actually executes gays for nothing other than existing. What a hypocrite.

6. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

The vast majority of all American deaths, according to the DoD, are from Sunni militias and Al Qaeda. These are funded primarily by individuals in Saudi Arabia. While Iranian actions have undoubtedly led to American deaths, to even allude to the goals of Iran and Al Qaeda as linked is ludicrous and a testament to our failure in the Middle East. Iran wants a partner state that is Shi'ite dominated to put pressure on Saudi Arabia, Al Qaeda wants a Sunni zealot state to rival Iran/Israel/The West.

7. SELFDEFENSE

The Iranian fingerprints come from the capture of Quds Force personnel in Iraq.

8. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

We Got The Final Laugh !

With the Iranian President speaking at Columbia University (the college's president requested him) I thought this liberal college has steppen over the edge. The college president introduced him in an Old-Fashion-Rat-Pack style "Roast". The crowd jeered him and the look on his face was priceless. Even the far left liberals can voice "their Freedom of Speech" to give that terrorist their opinions.

Bush should have never authorized him a Visa.

MTS

9. SELFDEFENSE

"Bush should have never authorized him a Visa. "

True. Besides having him be more legimated by appearing in "prestigeous" venues in the U.S. which stalls the internal Iranian dissidents (the only people who can save us from a shooting war with Iran), it brought in a person who preaches genocide to give his side of the "pros and cons" of genocide ( :? ), and by far most importatnly gave him a world public audience to call for the coming of the 12th Imam to all the Islamic world and to give us the final chance to convert to Islam (the monotheism) before they attack as required by Islamic law. I see this as final preparation for war and the massive chaos that is necessary for the 12th Imam al-Mahdi to return in the Islamic Second Coming. Do not ignore what he said at Columbia and the U.N. that is from the structural requirement of Islamic law. 21st Century Munich and Sudatenland.

10. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Only the Shi'a believe in this over-romanticized version of the Mahdi. The Sunni Mahdi is meant to overthrow the rulers of the Middle East once they become corrupt as I understand it. The Iran-Iraq War began mostly to keep the same religious fanatics in Iran from taking over Iraq as well. Ahmadinejad is the first Iranian president to be a Twelver as I understand it, thankfully he won't be in power long enough to see his bloody dream come true.

Well, typically right-wing theocracies that persecute the educated and execute children don't go over very well with "far left liberals" much less anyone Left of the novel 1984. :D

11. SELFDEFENSE

Mookie Al-Sadr's Mahdi Army is Shi'a, as are the majority populations of Iran and Iraq. That's why it fits and is a serious threat.

12. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Pat Robertson said we need to nuke the State Department, I doubt you'd find many Christians that would seriously take him up on the offer even if he had the capability. Shi'a, much less any Muslim, aren't zombies and generally react the same way to their extremists.

I'm not saying al-Sadr and Ahmadinejad aren't nuts, they are, but that is not why they rose to political poistions of power if you research them. As such, they are losing popularity as the conditions behind their rise to power are beginning to wane.

13. SELFDEFENSE

They have almost no popularity at this point, but that is not a sufficient factor in a police state, especially one that becomes nuclear armed. Mankind has paid with the lives of too many hundreds of millions of lives saying that the nutjob in control of the levers of a major state doesn't really mean what he says or he will not be able to pull off his genocidal plans.