IWB Kydex by Luvmy40 (review)

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by madecov, Sep 4, 2007.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

No I will not post pictures of me wearing it. I'm not attractive enough DONT ASK :lol:

I've had this holster for about 3 weeks or so now.

Luvmy asked me if I wanted a sweat shield or made as an ambidextrous holster. I didn't respond quick enough and he messaged me that he had made it as an ambidextrous holster. I was not exactly sure I would like it.

This holster is pretty comfortable. I used it on a plain clothes assignment where being "MADE as a Police officer was out of the question (undercover).

Incredibly the ambidextrous design is really really nice, it protects the entire slide and sights without affecting the draw.

Fit to the MA1 series is perfect, the draw is fast and smooth. The kydex is nice and thin.

The only down side is the clip will not stay attached to a Wilderness style belt and the holster comes out with the gun. On my various leather belts there is no problem. Possibly a thicker more rigid Kydex for the clip may help.

I tried to adjust the cant and depth of the holster by using the other holes on the clip and holster body but I kept coming back to the default set up it was shipped in as it just rode best for me.

There really isn't any tension adjustment on the body but in my opinion it isn't needed, the gun isn't going to come out if you don't want it to but will release with no drag or sticking. The sight channel is just right, not over sized like some kydex holsters.

All in all a very nicely holster that performs as it should, no bells and whistles no unneeded parts. It does what is intended.

Now a few pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Great looking and amphibious, too, for lefty-righty confused types like me.

Only problem for me it too much of me around the middle. I'd have to buy a whole wardrobe of new pants to make room for an IWB holster. Or lose 50 lbs. And being realistic, I ain't very likely to do either anytime soon.

:mrgreen:

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Balls, mad, I can't see how it works without seeing it ON! :lol:

Looks like a UCH, kinda..

[​IMG]

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

He admits to stealing the design from the UCH

5. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

This holster is not really ambi. I left the sweat guard on both sides until madecov verified left or right hand and he said just to leave both sides high. The bend at the clip mounting area precludes ambi use.
    BTW I have since found a new supplier for my Kydex and now make the clips from .125" material.
    (madecov, PM sent)

The design has been updated slightly also, you can check it out at http://www.shop.customcarryconcepts.com
    enter "SteyrClub" in the coupon area for a 10% members discount.

6. madecov

madecov Active Member

The one thing I forgot to mention.

The Holster conceals very very well. On me it did not print at all.

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I love that ClingOn Slider. I believe my ears are growing points. Any my billfold is already growing warm. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Only $40 for a quality lefty holster custom made for my MA1! You da man, luvmy40! What a great asset you're bringing to Steyr Club. Atttttttttttttttaboy! BTW, nice looking website also. Did you build the site yourself, too?

8. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

Nah, I could build a computer blindfolded but I can just barely type well enough to spell my name, much less publish a web store.
    It's a cookie cutter shopping cart from GoDaddy.com.
    I am working on learning CMS called Mambo so I can get a main site up and running. I have a vision of it being a repository of links and articles aimed at Smithing, Shooting and Carrying. Not a member forum as I really wouldn't have time to manage one, and there are already so many good forums running.
    If I ever get it going I'll post it here.