I've got it bad!

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by mugdava, Apr 10, 2007.

1. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

I've been infected, and I fear there's no cure! I couldn't find a USP Match 45 in California, so I made a clone. I'm having a little trouble acquiring a Match Trigger, all sources appear to be out of stock until June! Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got Meprolight adjustable night sights, but haven't installed them yet. I took these pics right after putting 150 rounds down range. Even without the trigger it's a tack driver. 8)
    _______
    mugdava

2. smores

smores Guest

Oh I envy you.......... After I get my M40-A1 squared away and in my safe, I'm setting my sights on a USP Custom Combat in .40, or maybe a revolver of some type (probably .357). That is, after I can convince my gf that's it's a good idea to buy another gun.

"But you said 'this will be the last one for a while' when you bought your last gun 2 months ago!"

*sigh* :roll:

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

....ummmmm....

She's JUST a GF? Right?

NO Ring.... Right?????

YOUR money.... right????

Right!!!!

:D :D :D

4. smores

smores Guest

Oh, I still buy all this stuff, don't worry. It's just easier if I can come up with a good reason to minimize the griping.

I just got a letter from the State Police stating that I'm now exempt from my state's "1-registered-firearm-in-30-days" law, because I've been approved to have "collector status." This month it's the new Steyr. Then next month I anticipate getting my C&R FFL, which I think will open the floodgates ;) I'll have a stockpile of old WWII guns and my little ammo can will no longer suit me for storing a couple boxes of handgun ammo. Then all the new "regulated" guns that I just have to have. Man, this stuff is addicting!

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Cold_ Fluorescence!

How'd You manage that? I've got four new pistols sitting at Range Masters and I can't bring the fourth one home until 7/20/07(estimated). In fact, this gun is one of them and doesn't come home until 4/20/07. California laws really bite hard, one new pistol every 30 days and a 10 day waiting period. :( Sound like Maryland is as gun friendly as California!
    _______
    mugdava

6. smores

smores Guest

We have to send a letter to the Licensing division of our State Police department, requesting to have Collector status.

What that means:

- No more 1 regulated gun per 30 days (all handguns, any "assault weapon" like AR15 (non-HBAR), AK, etc. etc.);
    - Exemption from the strict peacable journey law. In MD you may only transport a firearm from your home to either a range for a formal/informal shoot, a shop for sale/service, or a gunsmith. If you are a Collector, you may take it (in a locked case) to someone else's house, or a place for public exhibition (gun show, or collector's meeting).

However, we're still subject to the 7-8 day (might as well be 10 days with weekends thrown in) wait for any regulated firearm. So in summation, yeah, MD is turning out to be a lot like CA. We even have a state "Handgun Roster" like you guys, where any gun not listed, manufactured after 1984 cannot be purchased/transferred. States like ours are the "front lines" in the fight against the 2nd Amendment, according to groups like the Brady Campaign
    :roll: