It aint purty.........but it works

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by madecov, Oct 8, 2007.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

And it works well.

My M40A1 is now back to being my duty weapon. I ordered a Safariland model 6280 holster for the original M series. I had to remove the tension screw as it is right in line with the tac rail. Then since the gun still would not fit I used a heat gun to soften the kydex. Once the Kydex was soft, I just inserted the M40A1 and stretched the Kydex where it was tight.

The holster is still a bit on the tight side, but the gun does come out pretty damn fast :twisted: as evidenced by one of the calls I took last week.

[​IMG]

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Good work!!

And it does not look bad at all...

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

ATTABOY, *cov :)

Looks great! :) If ya gotta put it on ur hip for ppl to notice, it might as well be black, lightwt, secure, and PDQ ta draw. IMHO, ya got all ur bases covered. Good work, Bro. :)

Wulf

4. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Where do I get a pair of those yellow cuffs ? Did they paint them yellow because some drop them in the weeds and get lost or to match the suspects jaundice eyes?

The holster has it advantage. I do like the snap unlike the kydex I purchased a year ago. If your co-workers don't like your holster, replace their black cuffs with your yellow ones. :twisted:

Just kidding. I love them though. Start a thread on your cuffs.

Take Care, (hehe)
    MTS

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

Cuffs are by Hiatt

They come factory painted in a choice of shades including pink

ASP also has a few colors of the new cuffs and I have some in yellow

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Looks good to me. The thumb break looks oddly positioned to me, probably because I'm used to the Safariland for the USGI M9, which is 90 degrees from centerline of holster.

I might just have to suck it up, do BLET, and become the only other LEO on the earth that carries one :eek: