Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A brief reading of the manual for the Steyr M 9 A2 MF pistol indicates this pistol has less parts than a Glock 17. Is that correct?
I am beginning to like this pistol.

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Not to my understanding, I believe but have not checked a Glock is what 38 total and a steyr is 52 I believe. I could be wrong but that’s my memory. The lock on the steyr adds a few. Unless you mean moving parts, but I’m not sure on those.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glock has 34 parts if I remember correctly. If the Steyr has 52 it is far more complicated than the Glock.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Does it matter? IMHO, as long as steyr pistols has better trigger feel and I shoot better than Glock, I really don’t care how many parts it has inside. Hk and Walther does not care about how many parts in the vp9 and ppq. Glock trigger will not be as good as steyr, hk and Walther because it is designed for simplicity, not the best trigger feel.

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Not sure it does matter as long as it works well, but from the manual with the mag I believe I saw 52, although it’s been a bit sine I looked and I think what I heard is the 5th gen went to 38 with mag. I think a lot is put into keep it simple but to me the ar15 is more complicated then an ak. Still I would rather have a ar15 personally. Each their own but I wouldn’t worry about amount of parts unless there is a repeat fail point. That said things like the lock, chassis system and amount of pins boost it up. Steyr is robust and over built. I am still running a L9A1 I refuse to clean to find the failpoint. Now I have been shooting the a2 more lately but that A1 is going strong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts