Is there a drop in barrel for 357 sig for the m40-a1?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ryoko, Aug 7, 2007.

1. ryoko

ryoko Guest

Is there a drop in barrel for 357 sig for the m40-a1? If so does anyone have experience with any and can recommend brands. I wonder if I can just order a factory Steyr one, if it will fit. Any other parts needed for a conversion?

Thanks

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

100% drop in. nothing else needed.

igbaustria.com

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

the factory barrel will dropin, aftermarket IGB makes 357sig barrels for the steyr's.
    http://www.mdwguns.com is the importer for IGB and may have some MDW is in the 603 area code NH?

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I believe MDW stopped importing for IGB recently, but they still had some old stock...

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya ryoko :)

When last I talked w/ Marc Wagner at MDW Guns on the phone (207 583-6378), he only had one 6" M40 barrel left. <shrug> That was over 2 weeks ago. Carmen Schranz at IGB informed me that MDW will no longer carry IGB barrels. So, the only game in town is IGB Austria. Email Carmen ( [email protected] ) for current prices. Good luck. :)

Wulf

6. speed

speed New Member

IGB's price for that barrel is about $250. Someone recently said that Carmen offered to waive the shipping fee.

7. ryoko

ryoko Guest

Thank youy all. I'll see what they have.

-Ry

8. Soverign

Soverign Premium Member

Barrel

I just emailed Mark:

Subject: Re: Steyr Barrel

Sorry, I have only a .40 with a 6" barrel left for the M.

I will pass for now, but if its still there in 2weeks I will order it.

9. nixon

nixon Member

IGB Barrel

Steyroids,
    I just got a price quote from IGB and barrels are 245.85 USD plus ship 26.50 go figure. Al ittle bit more and you'll have a complete piece from CDNN.

Soverign - you're right about MDW, I was told they will no longer be importing IGB stuff.

Nix,

10. ryoko

ryoko Guest

Perhaps I'm thinking of this wrong, but will Styer sell a factory barrel for the 357 sig -a1 to a .40-a1 owner? If so has anyone recieved trhe cost (before I ask them)

Thanks all

-Ry

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Ry* :)

The response was immediate and showed promise:

[/quote:2zsndpft]

I have been in touch w/ SAI and a large parts shipment is pending and may include some of these parts. I hava yet to receive any kind of price list, but I should have one when this is all sorted out...hopefully soon. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but whatever ya wanna know, don't be afraid to ask someone. "The closer to the source, the less obscure the answers", has always been my best advise, but to date, I have yet to get a definitive answer from anyone, tho I feel that they are makin' an effort. :shock: Good luck and if ya find out anything new, post it! 8) Hava great week. :)

Wulf