Is Steyr going out of business???

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ronin67, Mar 14, 2007.

1. ronin67

ronin67 Guest

Just a question on whether or not Steyr is going out of business or will continue to sell there fine pistols and rifles? I want to pick up another M357-A1 and the M9-A1. Can you still get these pistols from Steyr?? Any input would be deeply appreciated! :)

Take Care and God Bless!

Ronin (Ed)

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

They are not going out of business - a simple search will reveal more info than you will be willing to read from the past 2 months.

I don't think they have new stock yet - CDNN is the place to go for all things Steyr right now. You're going to have to wait for the M357-A1. A few forum members have been talking a lot with SAI and I don't think anyone would be too surprised to hear a S357-A1 announced in the very near future.

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

they had to liquidate old stock...

to make room for all the new stuff!!!!!!!

steyr is here to stay!!!!

long live sai!!!

go team steyr!!!

4. wkerschner

wkerschner Guest

Thats good to hear. I heard the same story.

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

If you want a M9-A1 or M40-A1, right now the last of the old Steyr inventory is selling out at CDNN Sports, http://cdnnsports.com/. Call 800-588-9500 and get one or two for $349.95 each. Buy three and get 'em for even less. But you better move now because just sure as God made little green apples, when the next shipment of Steyr pistols arrives from Austria from the new owners, they'll cost a lot more than that.

I paid $500 for my M357-A1 in December and if you can find one of the few left of those in the U.S. you'll probably pay even more than that for it. I just bought a M40-A1 to go with it today from CDNN and wish I had the cash to get a M9-A1, too.

The previous owner sold all the U.S. distributor's inventory of Steyr to CDNN just before the sale closed to the new owner. He took the money and run. Steyr is not going out of business. But they're sure having one whale of sale right now. (CDNN ought to pay me a sales commission, but they won't.)

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Hopefully the shipment will have some .45s buried in it :)

7. louishob

louishob Premium Member

I talked with the folks at SAI a couple of weeks ago. The SAI folks said the European parent company has finally started to listen to its US subsidiary. SAI is expecting to get the firearms they need at the prices they asked for real soon. They're also expecting the parent company to agree to advertising Steyr products in the US. I actually asked them was Steyr Europe loosing interest in the US market. They said definitely not. Apparently there had been some big shake up at Steyr Europe (buy out maybe???). The new folks are making a commitment to stay in the US market.