Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to shoot .357 SIG. I have a SIG Sauer P229 Enhanced Elite in 357 SIG and 9mm. I also had a Glock 33, but it's a little snappier out of such a small & light pistol than I'd like.

I was pretty much going to write off running .357 out of anything subcompact, but then I saw that Steyr sells a 12-round .357 SIG mag for their M-series. I figured it's such a flat shooting round, and a little heavier than a G33, that it might be a good platform. Unfortunately, although I found barrels for a S series Steyr, I didn't see a magazine for one. Does anyone know if they make one?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a Sig P229 and a Steyr M357A1 in 357sig. The P229 is WAY more comfortable to shoot. I think recoil is pretty harsh in the Steyr IMHO. The hump on the back of the grip slams into the palm of my hand and its uncomfortable. Mind you i’ve Still shot 4000 rounds so I’ve learned to work through it but I would probably look for another launcher for this caliber. YMMV.

·
Registered
58 Posts
G32c and a factory M357a1 here. Both are enjoyable to shoot, but a buddy who is in the SS says that he prefers his service weapon, a Sig 229?

I can't shoot his weapon, and don't know anyone with a .357 sig Sig, but I'd like to get one eventually. I like the little bottle neck fireballs...

·
Registered
70 Posts
G32c and a factory M357a1 here. Both are enjoyable to shoot, but a buddy who is in the SS says that he prefers his service weapon, a Sig 229?

I can't shoot his weapon, and don't know anyone with a .357 sig Sig, but I'd like to get one eventually. I like the little bottle neck fireballs...
Why can’t you shoot your friends P229?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Going to be hard to beat the Sig P229, considering it was specifically designed around the .357 Sig. I have a P229 Legion in .357 Sig and fired other firearms in .357 Sig and found none to surpass my P229.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have both the 229 and M357. I like them both and would be hard pressed to pick on over the other. Maybe the M357 as it seems to carry a bit lighter. You should be good to go with any .40 cal magazine that fits your platform I would think.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice read RPP.

I shoot an older M357, a couple switch barrels in the S and L 40s. I enjoy shooting all three. While the little additional length of the L may not aid in much velocity, it still seems like that’s the pistol best suited for the 357 Sig.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I recently bought an M40A1 just so I could buy a 357 sig bbl for it. Mine functions great, 125 gr 357 sig rds have a little less recoil than 180 gr 40 cal in my opinion. I use my 40 cal mags without issue. I got my 357 sig bbl from Rim Country Mfg. I have two Sigs that I use both 40 and 357 sig in, a 226 and a 239. I highly recommend the 357 sig round.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The Rpp 357sig barrels are no longer in Production. And are worth a lot on the open market . I just saw one sell for $500 usd .

·
Registered
286 Posts
Rcm still has 4 available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts