Is $400.00 a fair price for M-A1 357 sig?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by jjd, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jjd

jjd New Member

Hello all,
    New to the forums and Steyr pistols. I came across a used Steyr M-A1 357 sig at a pawn shop. Date code of LOF (Feb 2004). It doesn't have A1 on the frame, but does have picatinny rail and no manual safety above the trigger guard. According to Steyr Arms, some of the A1 frames ended up attached to regular M series slides. Based on appearance, I would say that cosmetically the gun is an 8 on a scale from 1-10. The finish on the slide seems to be wearing a little and there is a couple of knicks on the frame (like it took a hard knock from a sharp edged object). Somewhat dirty, could use a good cleaning. Oddly, both mags appear to have very little wear. The case has manual & 2 keys. The pawn shop would not let me disassemble the gun to examine it for wear. Stated it was against policy.
    Would you buy this gun? Or, should I consider the M40? I have a 9mm Glock already, so the M9 is out. I know that ammo is expensive for the 357 sig.
    Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. pannern

pannern New Member

I would want to see under the dress.......These days you never know what you will find there........go 40

3. jjd

jjd New Member

Yeah, does seem like they are hiding something. If I buy the 357 sig at that price, I can buy a 40 barrel and shoot both calibers for a little more than a new M series.

4. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

can i have their name and phone number so that i can buy it ? i'll send you a money order finder's fee....

5. jjd

jjd New Member

@xthexheadx - You bet, if I decide not to buy it, I'll hook you up.

6. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

Just an FYI, SAI will be receiving the new M357 mid April. This will be the new version that incorporates the same improvements that the C model has (roll pin, trigger, etc.)

-D

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It will be nice to see these in the fold again - the .357SIG always seems to have a loyal following.

8. Steyr Spartan

Steyr Spartan New Member

Now how about an S-357A1 :D

9. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

I sold one a few months back.... s40-a1 w/ an m357 barrel that had been cut down to s length. It was awesome

10. jjd

jjd New Member

How much did you get for it?
    -jjd

11. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

a little over $800 if I remember correctly.....

12. jjd

jjd New Member

Awesome!
    -jjd

13. CZguy

CZguy New Member

Thank you for posting that. I'll start selling blood now. I've been after one of these for a long time.

Oh.........who's SAI?

14. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

15. jjd

jjd New Member

After I discovered what the new 357 sigs were going for, I decided to purchase the used one since they are hard to find.
    Just to expand on ETH77's reply, SAI=Stery Arms Inc.
    -jjd

16. CZguy

CZguy New Member

What are the new M357 A1s going for?

17. jjd

jjd New Member

The two shops I called quoted $625 & $650.
    -jjd