IRC Chatroom #Steyrclub

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Wulf, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hey Guys :)

Anybody interested in a Steyrclub chatroom? Prolly mIRC is best for realtime chat. The spontaneity is awesom and is like havin' a real pub, cept for ya can't just get another beer when ya run out. <shrug> Anyway, if you know how to config an IRC client here's the info you need:

Server: irc.slashnet.org
    Port: 6667
    Channel: #Steyrclub

If ya got any questions, PM me. Cya.

Wulf

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Im IN!!!

babj615

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Thanx for sharin', bab* 8)

I'm hopin' others will join us on a regular basis. And, we may need a moderator or 2 at some later date. But for now, its just for fun. :) Hava great week.

Wulf <-- ^Wulf on irc

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Should we ever expect or chat applet to be back?

A few other boards I frequent have tried this same thing and it usually results in 1 or 2 people in the channel at any one time - it seems that most members of firearms related boards aren't too IRC savvy. We shall see...

A valiant effort, nontheless.

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *tax* :)

Not sure bout the "chat appelet-thing-ama-jiggy", but if it was onna them upgrades gone wild, I expect that -D is still workin' it out. Personally, it had lagmonster written all over it. The irc chatroom is "realtime", the lagtime is usually less than a second DSL. Its the spontaneity that I enjoy when the room is hoppin'. If you've ever frequented an irc chatroom, they can get very busy indeed. Its like a pub with a buncha background noise until ya link up in private to discuss what it is you're most interested in chattin' about. I expect that there are quite a few out of 2500 + (dayam! 8-O ...did I just type 2500 +?), that may need a bit of coachin', but once you're in the room, there will be assistance. Usually a couple times gettin' to the room and the heebeejeebies are squelched and the camaradarie begins. Last night was the first try and it was great. Add a couple more members to the #Steyrclub and it'll get even better. I'm for sure not promotin' a 50 guest room count, but 5-10...maybe even 15 on ocassion is plenty. Issues can be sorted pretty darn quickly when lagtime is removed. The major points that are sorted there can be posted for the general Steyrclub members with nothing much lost. <shrug> Anyway, that's kinda what I was hoping for. I mean, I've PM'd prolly 100 +Club members and really enjoy what each of ya's has to offer this Club. 1 on 1 or the exchange of info via a special interest group has its rewards. Anyway, a PM with a time can get the ball rollin' ifn ya wanna meet there. Hell, I'm there now! 8) Hava good week, *tax* . :)

^Wulf :)

7. smores

smores Guest

I'm an IRC junkie, I'll admit it..... I'll have to join up once I get a chance...

8. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

joined in the irc games for the first time last night. took this compu-noob (not new, just an idiot with a keyboard) a while, but with a little help, i got straightened out.

really was fun.

rapid fire steyr action.

like a full-auto steyrclub, as opposed to a bolt-action steyrclub

anyone who is curious, give it a shot. just go to slashnet.org. download the mirc program.

someone will be able to help with a server or joining #steyrclub if you have trouble from there.

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I wrote an illustrated how-to that can be seen here. 8)

10. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

nice job syntax!!!

i know from personal experience it can be quite a hump to get over just finding the chatroom. maybe this thread can help some interested parties join in our rapid fire fun!!

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Yeah *tax* :p

Great job. I get back to town an yer havin' a party in the room! :shock: Who were all those ppl? :shock: And that take down 3000 yd sniper rifle is awesome! :twisted: Thanx for the info on it. 8)

Wulf

12. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

that 20 mm sniper tool would be great...

if i had a mile long range with a tank at the end!!!

13. smores

smores Guest

Does anyone get on anymore? I've been idling for several hours today, and no one's there to talk to!

14. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Afternoons are usually pretty barren - I'll be on tonight. Wulf, Goryous, majette, babj615, and I are the regulars. BigTaco has been tied up with work lately, but he drops in when he can. MrApathy, Netfotoj, and even our fearless leader Deluxe247 have been known to make an appearance from time to time.

15. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I've got my IRC installed and would enjoy participating in a group chat with some advance notice. Beats the heck out of watching Oprah and Friends.

16. Ber3

Ber3 Guest

I've been trying to meet with someone (anyone) in the chatroom since the day I signed up in the SteyrClub (not very long ago) but nothing yet, the time diference i think doesn't help either.
    :eek:

17. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The IRC channel was kind of a flop after its initial introduction. A lot of people had trouble getting everything setup, and timezones didn't make it any easier. Now that Deluxe has incorporated a chat room into the website applet, I see no need to revert to IRC - I'm gonna unsticky this and let it drift off into the sunset. :cool:

18. Ber3

Ber3 Guest

Hey I saw you in there and said "hi". As I was waitting for you to answer it kicked me out. I instuntly got back in but you got out. Why is it kicking me after 10 minutes? :mad: