IPSC Range Report from Downunder

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Polymer Proselyte, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Just a quick note to say I got the chance to put 100 rounds downrange on our IPSC pad.

I started off at 10 metres just to get use to the sights again. After a few rounds moved back to about 15m with good hits in the A zone of an IPSC target.

15 metres was too easy so I stepped it back to about 20 with most still inside the A zone. Awesome!

I usually aim offset with my Glock. I put the sights on the right side of the target between the A and C zones. I found after a few shots with the Steyr I didn't have to do that. I'd just stick the little triangle under where I wanted the hole to appear and "BAM" there it was like magic.

The slack on the trigger safety was slowing down my split times so I guess I have to learn to shot from the reset. Generally I could get 200ms splits.

The loaded chamber indicator was useful as I was running a hot gun in the holster. I could run my thumb over the stud to refresh my memory of the state of the firearm as I was patching out targets etc. I was also an obvious indicator of when the mag didn't seat properly.

Still working on a grip. At this stage I was just trying to be consistent, but I could use a little work to find what's right and comfortable for me.

Anyway, The main point I got from this visit is if I can get the sights on it I can hit it. What a confidence boost.

I can't wait to take it to an ISSF match (bullseye to you guys) and put it up against the target pistols.

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member