Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else in the Iowa area? I'd love to get together with some other Steyr owners and shoot at a range some day, it would be fun to try out the .40 and .357, or a compact.

If something comes of this I'll probably have a TPD AXR by that time as well. It's been on order for five months now...

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Anyone else in the Iowa area? I'd love to get together with some other Steyr owners and shoot at a range some day, it would be fun to try out the .40 and .357, or a compact.

If something comes of this I'll probably have a TPD AXR by that time as well. It's been on order for five months now...
You do know the REAL AUGs are available now, right? :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pah.

They don't take AR mags, of which I have....lots.

At least, not without locating and purchasing a NATO stock for it, and I don't think those fit the US AUG A3 without a different top rail.

It's still an AUG in my mind, in the same way that my DPMS is still an AR-15. They're parts-compatible.

The MSAR variants on the other hand, are not AUG's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're referring to the "Real" Aug A3's "Available" from Steyr now, I'd like to know where the hell you're finding them. After my local dealer told me they wouldn't be released this year, I wrote to Steyr who told me they'd be out in February. So far (late March), no dice. I suspect a few causes, but no official explanation to the delay in shipment.

Do you know something I don't?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think babj is simply referring to the fact that you can order one, and it will be delivered at some point.

·
Registered
380 Posts
A gun dealer in my area "Anthony Arms" (Pgh Pa) had one on the racks last week. It took all I had not to put down a depo on it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bet that didn't stay on sale for long. :D

Unless they had some crazy markup on it...

Even so, I've seen a STG-556 selling used at Cabela's in the Gun Library for $2700. Insanity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts