Interesting story...Flag in Reno

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DoubleTap, Oct 5, 2007.

1. DoubleTap

DoubleTap New Member

Some store was flying a mexican flag above the American flag, which is illegal. A veteran took it down. He gets a bit militant at the end, but I'm interested to see what will come of this..

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6314

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I LOVE it!!!!!

:p :p :p

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

There's still a few, hopefully more than just a few, who love this country! Count me in!

To quote the song, "For there ain't no doubt that I love this land. God bless the USA!" :mrgreen:

4. socofn

socofn New Member

Why do we as a nation of AMERICANS continue to allow this kind of thing to happen??? I know beyond a doubt that if we did this in their country (flying the AMERICAN flag above theirs), the person responsible would be hung from the same flag pole by his B****. We should get beyond all the political correct BS and start holding these people responsible. We also need to hold our politicians responsible as these spineless bunch of aholes should be replaced every 2 yrs. Anyway just my two bits. JP

5. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

It's illegal to fly a Mexican flag over a US flag? Somehow I seriously doubt that. There are directions as to the proper display of the Flag, but there are no legal ramifications for improperly displaying the US flag.

I don't understand how stealing to correct an ethical wrong promotes United States values.

6. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint New Member

Title 4, Chapter 1, Section 7.c

As for punishment, that I don't know.

I watched this same debate boil over on another forum. A note to all. Keep it civil or this thread will go the way of the buffalo.

7. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

I know of the US Code, but the amount of "should" in the document makes me question how legally enforceable anything in it would be, it seems more like a guideline for citizens on the proper respect of the Flag. Improper display or handling of the US Flag is obviously in poor taste, but I'm rather sure the store owner was within his rights to display the Flag in that manner.

8. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

So, you are defending the display of the Mexican flag OVER the US Flag on US soil?

:? :?

9. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

I'm more interested in the legality of what the store owner did than "right or wrong", this seems too unprecedented to be illegal as I have never heard of prosecution in this matter. Don't ask loaded questions. :wink:

I hope the store owner and the veteran that stole the flag take classes on civics as neither one of them exhibited normative American values.

10. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

This may be a little off topic, but then again:

Just thought it somehow appropriate, then, and now. <shrug>

Hava great week. :)

Wulf <-- wonders when those kinds o dedicated Americans will return to American politics :shock:

11. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Simple, by taking the flag he both stopped it's desecration and prevented the asshats from being able to just put it back up.
    If the jerks want to try it again, they'll have to buy another one.

Notice in the video that the bastards were standing outside the store, they knew what they were doing when they put the mexican flag on top.
    The punks did it on purpose to get a rise out of people.
    They got one.

I don't feel in the least bit sorry for fools who go looking for trouble and find it.

12. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Wow, I'm impressed. Wulf really does know his TR from his FDR! Anybody who quotes TR is all right with me, I don't care what everybody else says about him. :twisted:

13. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

I believe the word Shall is used in the requisite spot.
    Emphasis mine.

I do not know what, if any, provisions are in place as to punishment.

I have to say that I would have done the same as the Veteran inquestion had I been there.

My sig line says it all.

14. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

That is possible luvmy40, however the Constitution is over US Code.

If your neighbor was improperly displaying the US Flag across the street would you kindly ask him to change it or would you steal it from his yard? Why would you treat anyone differently than you would your neighbor?

The Veteran reacted instead of acted to the situation, it takes so much less effort to steal the flag than actually confront the store owner on the issue.

Certainly, in fact that store owner was asking for a lot more trouble than he got, I'd say he's rather lucky. Further, and certainly the irony of the situation, is how cowardly it is to hide behind the 1st Amendment and spit on it at the same time. What this represents is the lack of civic duty our incoming immigrants have and the question now is whether we attack the problem or attack them.

15. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I agree with QPT, the guy should have asked the store owner to correct the situation before he stole the flag.

And damn it, the American flag is just a fracking piece of cloth, it is not America. Its citizens, the people, that make America. That vet is a xenophobe and a thief who threw a tantrum.

Thin skinned, intolerant and hostile, thats the America he represented. How brave and noble. :roll:

16. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :(

WHOOOOOOOPS................

:? :? :?

17. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Misquoting me there a bit, babj. I put the eye roll later in the paragraph, in reference to the vet's actions. Big deal, though...

:roll:

18. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I don't think I misquoted you at all.....

But, for arguments sake, lets see.....

Hmmmm....

I see what you mean......
    Totally changes the meaning.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [alas, THIS is where the rolling eyes belong!!!!!!!]

19. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Obviously it doesn't totally change the meaning.

Look, I know people feel strongly about the flag. That is why I did not eye rolling that; simply stating that the flag is not America is provocation enough to some. People hold symbols sacred. Fine, I respect that as a universal human tendency.

What I was "eye rolling" was this vet's "righteous" temper tantrum for America's honor, or more likely, his own deep insecurities.

20. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Apology accepted. :D