Interesting Reuters Article On George Zimmerman's Past

Discussion in 'The Soap Box' started by Narsil, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Narsil

Narsil Premium Member

It's a rather long article but puts the whole Trayvon shooting by the racist George Zimmerman into perspective.

Link

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The Reuters article isn't just eye opening - it is absolution. It totally frames the context that has been missing from this story, and provides answers to all the legitimate questions about why Zimmerman followed Martin and the circumstances leading up to the shooting.

The prosecutor is screwed, and the media is going to get what they deserve on this one.

3. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

I agree wholeheartedly! It still serves as a reminder that having a weapon doesn't remove a lot of the mines out there. Had Zimmerman followed him further, he would have known where the guy was living and could have told that to the police.

Nonetheless, Zimmerman is demonstrably not a racist, and has the chops to prove it. You notice how far the hoopla has died down now that he's out on bond. Just like some other famous "RACIST" ranting, this time the story won't be what the MSM has been calling it. Can you say Duke Lacrosse, I knew you could...

4. louishob

louishob Premium Member

This article changes nothing. A CCL holder isn't a policeman. If Zimmerman had listened to the police this tragedy wouldn't have happened. Zimmerman will become the poster child for the anti gun crowd. I'm not saying Zimmerman is a racist, but his Afro Peruvian (whatever the heck that means) grandmother proves little. Hitler was part Jewish. Besides, race really isn't important here. Zimmerman put himself in a position where he may have had to use deadly force. I suspect the teenager might have tried to stand his ground first. You should be held accountable if your own bad decisions put you in a position where you had to discharge your sidearm.

5. Narsil

Narsil Premium Member

On the contrary, Zimmerman followed the 911 operator's instructions to the letter. In fact, he did pretty much the complete opposite of what the MSM would have you believe (and that you apparently do) that he did.

Here's a video of Zimmerman's lawyer that, amazingly (or not) has been ignored by the MSM. It's well worth the few minutes watch. With what his lawyer said at this press conference, I don't see how any jury not made up of New Black Panthers could possibly find him guilty of anything. Have any of the MSM outlets mentioned that there was another witness to George Zimmerman's beating at the hands of Martin? This video is the first I've heard of it.

LINK

6. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

I think that he probably won't be convicted. I also think that there will be riots unless the trial coverage covers all of the evidence. The cynic in me says that won't happen.