Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an interesting article about the "PW Arms" imported Steyr M9-A1s. I have one of these guns purchased from Cabela's. This article makes interesting reading.

While they are a great deal anyone considering buying a PW Arms Steyr should read this.

It is good of Steyr USA to provide service for these pistols. They are Steyr pistols after all.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/03/joe-grine/gun-review-steyr-m9a1/

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. It was an interesting read. However, I found it odd that the author stated generation 3 pistols were from 2009 - 2010. Someone correct me if I am mistaken here *cough* xthexheadx *cough* but wasn't the rollpin introduced in the 2010 models?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
we didnt get any roll pin models until 2011... the author has added some designations we dont normally use here on the forums... like what he calls gen 3 for example. dur this time the USA wasnt receiving any steyr pistols.... i found it more curious he failed to mention that the PW arms models have the LCI present, and that new imports from Steyr USA DO NOT have LCI's, but do have the roll pins.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you saying the rollpin versions were not made until 2011 or just was not mass imported until then? I recall seeing some rollpin models towards the end of 2010.

we didnt get any roll pin models until 2011... the author has added some designations we dont normally use here on the forums... like what he calls gen 3 for example. dur this time the USA wasnt receiving any steyr pistols.... i found it more curious he failed to mention that the PW arms models have the LCI present, and that new imports from Steyr USA DO NOT have LCI's, but do have the roll pins.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Starting with about Oct 2010 the roll pin models starting arriving in the US. Those are the first date codes I recall being reported with the roll pin.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Further, in his Gen 1 description;

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all M9 frames have manual safeties.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i stand corrected. we did receive roll pin models as early as Oct 2010, but they were in small amount until 2011
and yes Blueorison, all M9's have the manual safety. i've never seen one that didnt. not even in a picture.

have you guys read the comments on that page? they are quite comical...

·
Registered
47 Posts
the comments are ridiculous and the guys review of Steyr pistols is both accurate and inaccurate info all jumbled together.

·
Registered
505 Posts
the comments are ridiculous and the guys review of Steyr pistols is both accurate and inaccurate info all jumbled together.
I choose very rarely, to actually read the comments on guns I shoot and use. Most of the time people really want the attention of others reading their comment, and do not contribute something actually productive that might help others.

Of course, I am just making a general statement; I didn't read the comments on this article, for all I know it could be helpful!

Guys, we shoot the guns, we know the pros and cons. So, :)

That's what forums are for; that's why I posted above, commenting on article's inaccuracy (or my perception of it).

The best way is to go out and do it and find out yourself. I took two newbies to the range and let them try my Steyrs last week. They like them and are future/owners. I really like the guns, and the service at SAI is great, as they really try to do their best.

The next step will be to figure out if the new roll-pin Gen's can drop into M9 frames. I don't recall if anyone tried this yet; anyone care to comment?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts