Install issue with B-T striker bushing

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by cjive134, Mar 21, 2013.

1. cjive134

cjive134 New Member

Installing the 2 part Delrin bushing, I slightly folded one of halves. I got the bushing half straightened back out and then intalled it on the striker. The gun seems to be working fine. Is this going to be ok?

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya cj* :)

As fragile as the bushing sets look when they're in your hands, I imagine them being stronger when wrapped around the striker rod and enclosed in the striker spring. <shrug>

With the gun empty, when you cycle the slide an' pull the trigger, does it feel OK? I mean, does the trigger feel a bit smoother on the take up, do ya feel the steel striker spring against the steel striker rod anymore?

If it feels OK, then it probably is.

When ya take it to the range and go hot, that'd be the true test. If it cycles and fires OK, that'd be the answer to the question, I suppose.

Please keep us in the loop, Bro.

Meantime, I'll try an' get BT's response to this incident. He may suggest that you get another set. <shrug>

Or maybe one of our brother Steyrclubers has had a similar incident and will post their experienced insights.

Take care, Bro.

Wulf <-- curious but not alarmed :popcorn:

3. blueorison

blueorison Member

No.

The world will end.

Better GTFO, now.

(kidding. It will be fine, as long as there is no indents in the cups. Delron is quite resilient, and can retain its original shape pretty well.)

4. cjive134

cjive134 New Member

It seems to be a very consistant smooth pull now and I took it to the range today and all seems right with the world.

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya cj* :)

Glad ta hear it, Bro.

So now, when someone needs ta know what to expect if their BT striker bushings getta lit'l ear-overed, ya just gotta work 'em back in ta place, finish the install an' give 'em a go.

If it cycles and fires OK, it probably will be fine.

Thanx for the data input ta The Club, Bro. :thumbsup:

Take care.

Wulf <-- glad for the knowledge. :D