In the Matrix, which pill would you take, the red or blue?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MrApathy, Apr 7, 2007.

1. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

this is not about the movie. but the world you live in.
    your view of it. paradigm is just a window view with glass that may hide or filter the rest.

So what are the advantages of taking the blue pill?

"ignorance is bliss" Essentially, if the truth is unknown, or you believe that you know the truth, what is there to question or worry about?

The red pill is an unknown quantity. We are told that it can help us to find the truth. We don't know what that truth is, or even that the pill will help us to find it. The red pill symbolises risk, doubt and questioning. In order to answer the question, you can gamble your whole life and world on a reality you have never experienced.

Another argument on the side of the blue pill is how does anyone know that the status quo is not in fact the truth? The act of simply questioning does not infer a lack of validity on the questioned. Why not assume that your experience is innocent until proven guilty? Just accept everything.

the choice is yours
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

NO POLL??????

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Babj is right - this should definitely be a poll...

I would want to see the puppets, the puppetmasters, and finally the light outside the cave. 8)

4. smores

smores Guest

Red Pill. Give me a whole bottle.

I don't listen to the radio, or watch TV. It's all bullsh!t made by companies that are after your dollars. Once and a while I'll watch a comedy show or a movie or something. But everything you see/hear on the news is subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt (if even that much). More and more I'm realizing how most people are so easily deceived, so easily led by the "popular beliefs." People at work call me crazy because I don't automatically follow every little policy and half-truth that is spurted at us. Why should we? We work for one of the largest companies in the nation (and are co-owned by one of the largest in the world).

We could discuss this for days, weeks, and years. But I for one won't take BS as truth. You have to look for it and find it yourself. No human being is capable of being 100% objective. Everyone puts a bias on every word they say, whether through tone, body language, or inflection.

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

BTW - not really sure what to say about the red video. I think there were some valid points/facts, but the video kinda flies off into true tinfoil land about halfway through.

6. smores

smores Guest

Yeah, I only watched the first minute of the video and could sense it was heading that direction. However it is true about the media, it's 95% garbage. About 5% is based on fact, that is pretty indisputable. Like, "a bomb went off here." It's kinda hard to make that up... but then again it's happened before :shock:

7. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

umm, i think i'll take the green pill.

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I could use a blue one

9. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i like the blue ones that say pfizer!!

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...Ahhhhhh....

Now we know where the 'BIG' in 'BigTaco' comes from....

:D :D :D

11. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, I think the red pill in this case is as much of a placebo as the blue pill.

That video... I think one of the comments said it best, it's like trying to listen to rock and read bumper stickers really fast. This is video-editing terrorism.

It had a few good points, but the tinfoil hat mentality behind it really put it a few floors short of a penthouse.

12. socofn

socofn New Member

My problem with this kind of question is, what difference does it make in the end. We are where we are and we are the only ones who can change who we are or what we do. this is similar to the old (do you hear a tree that falls in the forest if you are not there). WHO REALLY CARES, you missed it and should have been in the woods to hear if you wanted to. I also just wanted to say that I am new to the site which I found about 3 weeks ago. i am not really big on forums but this has been the most informative place I think I have ever found on the internet. thnaks to all who regulary post here. Jayson