In need of manual for pistol disassembly, S & W 22

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by midtnshooter, Jan 27, 2007.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I have this Smith & Wesson Model 422 Long Rifle CTG pistol and haven't figure how the "Hello" to take it apart. Can anyone recommend a site where I can download a .pdf ? This pistol has found it's way into my life and hasn't been cleaned in ??? years, as I was told. The manufacturers website didn't help me too much. Can anyone help? :?

Thank you all,

MidTNShooter

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

S&W forum

You might try S&W Forum: http://smith-wessonforum.com/

Or send an email directly to the manufacturer at S&W: [email protected]

They're pretty good at customer support, even for discontinued guns, like my Model 1076 10mm.

3. midtnshooter

Manual Needed

Thank you. I haven't tried the forum, but submitted my information to have a manual sent to my house. Usually that takes 7 to 10 working days (strike that...) 7 to 10 months. I'll try the forum and get back to you. I want to get it cleaned this weekend before I take my daughter to the range. It shoots safely with overly tight groups. My son has been shooting my M40. He wants a 9 to compete against the old man. OUCH !

Thanks Again.

MidTNShooter

4. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Guest

5. midtnshooter

Thank you. I've been to Steve's site. His model is different than my own. I took it to my gunsmith and he showed me. The diagram Steve shows the barrel coming off/free. My 22's extrator assembly comes off and the barrel is part of the frame. This old pistol used up complete box of cleaning swabs. Thanks for your help.

MidTNShooter