I'm so sorry

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by madecov, Apr 15, 2007.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

But I strayed.

9mm.......................

[​IMG]

Can't replace my Steyr. It's not as well refined. Trigger is rougher. But it seems to be nice. I have not gotten out to shoot it yet. Will let you guys know what it's like when I do.

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

try to get a hold of idpasteyr. he switched to the m+p and knows which smiths can fix up the trigger. apparently, the right guy can make the trigger come to life.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

No hard feelings - imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? :)

Nice looking pistol!

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

It's OK................breath,...................it is pretty.............. :lol:

5. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

At least it isn't an XD :evil:

Buzz

6. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

What's wrong with owning an XD?

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Fifty lashes :twisted:

8. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Madecov, You don't understand the power of the dark side. Join Me and We can rule the galaxy. :twisted:

Enjoy, it's a fine pistol!
    _______
    mugdava

9. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Dept require the 9mm? Why not the M&P 40, since you've already got a M40A1?

10. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

+1......... :lol:

11. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

nothing wrong with it........

12. madecov

madecov Active Member

No, I already qualified with the M40A1.
    BUT, they supply ammo for a 9mm and, I didn't currently have one. But I do have a boat load of 9mm ammo around.

13. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I would love to see an actual boat load of 9mm. Not in boxes, just a big pile. I would swim through it like Scrooge McDuck.

14. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Looks like 9mm was pretty effective in Virginia........unfortunately

15. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

There's nothing wrong with owning one. I'm just sick of hearing about them. Everywhere I turn there's XDs. Gun mags and gun TV shows are all saturated with people hawking XDs. It used to bug me as well with Glocks, the same sort of thing. It gets to be overkill. The XD has the potential to be a fine weapon, but the hype gets to be a bit much, at least for me.

Buzz

16. smores

smores Guest

I'm with Buzz. I am mighty tired of the XD as well. It doesn't fit my hand well, I think they're ugly, and EVERYONE is buying them. That's one of the reasons I have a CZ-75B, and I bought a Steyr M40-A1... to be different. I could have gotten a Glock or something, but I chose to take the path less traveled.

17. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

By the way, when I say that I'm tired of the hype around the XD that isn't to say that I'm tired of people posting about the gun. On the contrary, I very much value what someone has to say about most any gun. It's how I learn, and, one never knows where their interests may be in the future.

Buzz

18. smores

smores Guest

I agree. It may be a great gun.... just not for me :p

To each his own I say! If you can shoot a Glock well, and it fits your hand, than go buy a safe full of them :twisted:

19. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

ditto on that Buzz, well said..........on all counts.....my main guns are Glocks........I love them, and I don't mind that they get trashed here.........but I don't get into the Hype, I just shoot em and recommend them quietly... :D
    The XD hype has been extreme.......I'd like some of that PR to rub off on Steyr management............. :wink: