Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The meaning of that subject is that I want to purchase a Steyr. I have looked locally and suprisingly only one gun shop in my area (of 4 total) have even heard of the Steyr pistol.

Does anyone have any dealer recommendations and possible price quotes for the Steyr M40A1 in the Miami/Ft Laud area?

Please get back to me at [email protected]

Thanks for the help.
Dave

·
Registered
173 Posts
CDNN Investments in Abiline, TX has M9s in stock. You can order one directly from them and they will transfer it to a dealer in your area for the transfer. That's the way most of us have aquired our pistols.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree. I found my M40 in Arizona. Go to gunbroker.com and/or gunsamerica.com. I found mine at gunsamerica about 5 months ago for 349. I dont have the A1.
Good luck in your hunting!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
That's about the right price for the A1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any dealer w/ an account w/ RSR Wholesalers or Davidson's should be able to order a new MA, the cdnn M's are the original model closeouts.

also check davidson's website, you can order through them and have sent to a ffl they have on file.
http://www.galleryofguns.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks for all the quick and plentiful replies. I did some extra research and found a price of $489 after fees, shipping, and taxes. Is that a decent price or should I expect lower? That price was quoted me as being 10% above dealer cost + shipping + background check fee + taxes.

Thanks again.
Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds good for a new MA1.

now for the real price of joining....
a range report once you take it for a spin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FlaChef,

I just realized that I have a bid on one of your auctions on gunbroker for the Steyr M40A1, that is of course if you are the owner of galleryofguns.com

Quite funny.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
That price is very good for the A1. since it includes all fees.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gte217e said:
FlaChef,

I just realized that I have a bid on one of your auctions on gunbroker for the Steyr M40A1, that is of course if you are the owner of galleryofguns.com

Quite funny.
boy I wish!! :p :p

sorry I don't own one of the largest multi-million dollar firearm wholesalers in the country. If I did I wouldn't be getting ready for work at the moment (most millionare's don't work nights, weekends, and holidays).

·
Registered
188 Posts
gte217e said:
Wow thanks for all the quick and plentiful replies. I did some extra research and found a price of $489 after fees, shipping, and taxes. Is that a decent price or should I expect lower? That price was quoted me as being 10% above dealer cost + shipping + background check fee + taxes.

Thanks again.
Dave
$489!!! :evil: I hate it whenever prices are quoted here... it makes me mad! I couldnt find anyting under that price... thats just almost half the price of my M9! If that's the price we have here for that piece... will get two! :wink: :lol:

Im green with envy!!! :evil: :lol:

Some people are just born lucky! :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hiramabiff said:
$489!!! :evil:

thats just almost half the price of my M9! If that's the price we have here for that piece... will get two! :wink: :lol:

Im green with envy!!! :evil: :lol:
does that take conversion to US$ into account?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
RiceCakes said:
I guess I shouldnt mention that I got mine for 349 then, should I

:wink:

An A1 ? where?????????? That's way below dealer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea the 489 is the US$ although I wish it was 489 canadian.

And $350 for the A1 or previous model? If A1, consider me your new best friend and as such, I must know where you got that price.

·
Registered
350 Posts
onpoints price of 428.00 + fees is not that bad of a deal.. unless ya feel like waiting for someone who owns one thats willing to unload it cheap.. "not likely"

·
Registered
287 Posts
Original model. :wink:
But I like that one more I think. Might want to consider looking for the original also though. But you might have a hard time locating...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay it looks like I found an M40A1 for $439 + 3.1% credit card fee + $10 transfer fee. Total price out the door will be $462.61.
I could save the 3.1% by paying with a money order but I don't like taking that kind of risk.

Or

I could just purchase the firearm at a local shop for $485.00 out the door (after taxes) and not worry about shipping and dealing with an internet sale.

So should i just "bite the bullet" and pay the extra 23 dollars for convenience... I'm thinking yes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts