I'm hammered

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by madecov, Sep 24, 2005.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

Going on almost 48 hrs with 4 hrs sleep.

I hate this hurricane thing.

2. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

Stay safe.
    Much better a near miss by a cat3 than a direct hit by a cat 5 for houston.

3. Ripped

Ripped New Member

best of luck man.. watching it all unfold on cnn... while sitting here researching experimental aircraft at macdill afb here in tampa online.. :) shhhh dont tell the NSA i know anything.. hehehe

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

hang in there, hope your electric comes back....having gone through two in three weeks, I have some experience.....if you need some answers.............

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Be careful -- lack of sleep can be just like drinking. I just read a study that says staying awake for 24 hours is equivalent to a BAC of .10 (with .08 being legally drunk for a DUI). So after 48 hours, you're probably pushing .15 -- and handling a gun? At some point, declare defeat, get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep, then get back out and help keep people safe. Hopefully the experience of NOLA won't be repeated in Texas, but if it is you need to be sharp and ready!

Be safe!

Jim

6. madecov

madecov Active Member

Since we dodged the big hit here, things are a bit crazy but getting better fast.
    Managed to get a solid 9 hours sleep last night and today went only 30 minutes over shift.

Now it's mostly disturbances at fuel stations and people acting up a bit.

I figure another week to ten days and most of Houston should be back to normal, if you can call it that.