Illinois college shooting

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

The Illinois college shooter gives Glock some more bad press. At least Steyr
    isn't being blamed for yet another gruesome episode demonstrating the
    ineffectiveness of "gun free zones." How many college kids will have to be
    killed before sanity breaks through and gun rights are honored?

The Washington Post reports: "He carried a shotgun and two pistols, one of
    them a Glock."
    The New York Times chimes in: "Police officers from the campus, which sits
    in a snow-covered community 65 miles due west of Chicago, said three weapons
    had been found with the man's body: two handguns, including a Glock, and the
    shotgun. The man's body was found on the lecture hall stage, the police
    said. He had ammunition left over."

Well at least those evil "high-capacity" magazines can't be blamed since
    this coward checked himself out before he used up all his ammo, most likely
    as soon as he saw the first cop arrive on the scene 29 seconds after he starting banging away for his "15 minutes of fame."

I'll make a prediction. This time the anti-gun-rights wingnuts will call not
    only for the ban of handguns, but shotguns, too. Those evil Mossbergs! :evil:

2. jeepgrandltd

jeepgrandltd Guest

The fact that he purchased these "legally" will be the only ammo those wingnuts need.

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Wasn't he on some kind of medication???? Sounds like he was from Florida, or at least that is where his father now lives......wonder if he bought them down here.....gun show....? :wall: here comes more legislation. Three school shootings in one week....... :doh:

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

He purchased his weapons at a local gunshop over the course of 6 months or so I believe... I'm pretty sure more gun laws would have prevented this - we all know how lax Illinois is on gun ownership. :roll:

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I read just a while back that Illinois has become such a gun unfriendly state that Les Baer Custom has announced they are moving their manufacturing plant out of the state. Chicago, the New York City of the Midwest. Only felons are allowed to have guns. :evil:

6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Not true. The politically connected, their bodyguards, money guards, and law enforcement may have firearms. Because they need them, you see. You? You don't need them. You'll be safer without.

7. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

and Rosie O Donnell...... :sick:

8. Nicholai

Nicholai Guest

two handguns, including a Glock

Funny that they should say it like that, a P95 is just as capable of killing. So I guess they are saying the gunman felt like spending some extra cash on a more expensive weapon?

9. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I also noticed that right away.... and it is not just ONE news source reporting it like that... most of them [so far] feel some need to report one of them was a Glock....

....I thought Glock shook the 'Plastic Gun' negative press many years ago.... but some people just can't let it go.....

Danm Left Wing Lib Tard Hippies.... When did they learn to read and write anyway????

[hate mail starts now....]

:stupid: :stupid:

10. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Townhall.com columnist Doug Giles says exactly what I’ve been thinking about the latest college massacre at Northern Illinois University in his column, “College Presidents: How Many Students Have to Die Before You Allow Guns on Your Campus?”

He leads off with a zinger about the old West which I haven’t seen before: “Fear no man of any size, call on me and I’ll equalize.” —Common engraving on Frontier firearms. Here’s a sample of his column, read the whole thing.
    BTW, the death-dealing dillweed’s motive for the Valentine Day shooting was apparently a recent breakup with his girlfriend, who he sent an empty holster with some ammo and a goodbye note just before he went on his rampage. (I’ll prove I love you by killing a bunch of innocent people?)
    BTW2: He also stopped taking anti-depressants three weeks before the shooting. Do ya think that mighta had a little something to do with it?
    BTW3: Giles says in his column the dillweed used a shotgun and three handguns, not two. I haven't been following the news stories very closely and that's the first mention of three handguns I've read. Maybe it was two handguns AND a Glock. Whatever.

11. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

They meant to say "3 handguns including a semiautomatic assault Glock"

Name recognition. That gutteral sound "Glock" is one that gun-dumb journalists recognize, so they can demonstrate their knowledge by noting, "Oh yes, and one was a Glock."