see original post

·
Registered
345 Posts
wow. sorry to hear about your troubles! g/l

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Having informed IGB in early January that a barrel I had gotten from them was defective and was in need of replacing. I was told that I would receive my new replacement barrel within 6 weeks(by the end of February). On March 28th I sent the following email.

mugdava said:
Greetings Carmen,

Just checking to see what the status was on the replacement barrel for my defective IGB barrel #*****. I was told I would have it by the end of February. I'm fairly certain it was RMO#***, for a Steyr M357-A1 barrel in 357sig w/ a 105mm length Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
***** *. ***
I then received this email on April 1st.

IGB said:
Hello,

Thanks for the email. Hope you had also a relaxing spring break. We have spent it in Florida (USA). Nice temperatures there... better than Europe.
The barrel is done but had been used for exhibition in Nürnberg beginning march. Now the show cases and equipment will come back to Vienna this week and then I can finally send you the barrel.

Best regards
Carmen
Sounds good! The barrel is on the way right? The better part of two months pass and I receive the following email.

IGB said:
Dear *****,

We have now reorganized everything, including the chaotic production system. Therefore you got a new RMO number ,, which is ****.
a copy is attached as pdf document.
Production is set for calender week 24, so you can expect the barrel mid to mid/end June at your place.
Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Best regards
Carmen Schranz
Here it is the last week of July and nothing yet! I’ve emailed them twice, but received no reply. Guess I’ll be calling Carmen very late Sunday night(early Monday Morning!).
_______
mugdava

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
They came to FL? Too bad they did not bring it with them. I could have then mailed it to you. After I tested it of course!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey MugDava,

You only started your IGB process in January????

Relax, Man!!!!

I started mine last summer, so you have a few more months to wait for sure, as I have yet to receive a properly functioning barrel (two actually) from IGB nearly a year after the fact....

They latest promise from Carmen was before end of July.

That only leaves a hand full of days now...

After, i will demand a full refund, as well as expenses incurred shipping defective barrels to Austria (multiple times) etc....

I will also file complaint with any and all appropriate international business/commerce departments.

I do not think they should be doing business in the USA.

IGB is a very poorly run business with a horrific track record...

...and an embarrassing stain for the country of Austria, to be sure....

I will also be making formal complaints there as well....

When you can no longer get good quality products from Austria/Germany, this world has pretty much hit rock bottom....

:cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Yeah, I know. You've been chasing this dragon for a while now, but six plus months is too long for this issue to remain un-resolved. While my rat $200 is drop in the pan, I bet they'd feel the bite of having to refund Your purchase(plus fees!).

I guess what get's me, is what happened to that barrel that IGB made for me and sent to Nurnberg to put on exhibition? :(
_______
mugdava

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah, I know. You've been chasing this dragon for a while now, but six plus months is too long for this issue to remain un-resolved. While my rat $200 is drop in the pan, I bet they'd feel the bite of having to refund Your purchase(plus fees!).

I guess what get's me, is what happened to that barrel that IGB made for me and sent to Nurnberg to put on exhibition? :(
_______
mugdava
Based on all the stories they have told me, I would say that might be a whale of a tale!!!!

...who knows....

:(

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
see original post

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Looks like we need to find an American manufacture to make us some.
I noticed our barrels are very close to XD barrels. Not interchangeable, but perhaps a good place to start.

·
Registered
345 Posts
any chance of a charge back on your credit card?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm waiting (still) for my threaded barrel for M40. It was made and shipped, but evidently customs decided to reject the shipment due to paperwork ( :rolleyes: ), so I still wait.

Dealing with Carmen has been a pleasure, but evidently something has come up because she hasn't responded to any emails in the last couple of weeks. :(

Will be writing again soon. FWIW, the guy who does the work designing and making the new barrels was a business partner of Bubits and they went their separate ways a few years ago where he established IGB. Dunno if there was a falling out or not, but from what I understand, he helped with the original design.

Will keep this thread updated when I get the barrel, eventually!

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Im not part of this forum but discovered it after googling "IGB review" and this came up. I was disheartened to see a lot of what I've been experiencing. Astonished even more this thread is 16 years old. Im also currently corresponding with Carmen! I felt compelled to contribute. I ordered a custom G19 barrel back in April. Im patient and understanding person. But it really seems like excuse after excuse and if I hadnt kept on top of it maybe I'd never get my order. Still might never get it. Especially if it gets rejected at customs due to poor paperwork. Anyway, just today she wrote me saying it was sent last week but they do not give out tracking numbers due to past customer issues. The invoice said 4-7 weeks. Its now been 9 weeks. I suppose thats nothing compared to what others had experienced and maybe even an improvement. But its really disappointing because even after 16 years this is all thats available for customer designed barrels.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts