IDPA setup with M Class/ what holster and mag carrier

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Wingshooter, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Guest

I was going to start to do some more IDPA with my m40, what holster and mag carrier works best for you? My current gear is an IWB Tuckable and is very slow, and a fobus double mag holster. I also have an Uncle Mikes Nylon thing but its more for hunting or duty. So now I want to get a true gamer setup that will help me be competetive, please help.

Thank you,

2. revchuck

revchuck Guest

Comp-Tac offers holsters on their website http://www.comp-tac.com for the Steyr, though they add $10 to the price. They heavily support IDPA matches, and have the best turnaround time of all the custom makers. I have a half-dozen of their holsters (though none for my M40) and I'm pleased with their quality and service. If you order a holster from them, make sure you tell them it's for IDPA, and they'll ensure it complies with the rules.

I'm pretty sure your mag pouch will work.

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Comp-Tac, Blade-Tech, Grandfather Oak.

These are available for the Steyr M and MA1. Any of these Kydex Holsters are fine for IDPA.

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Grandfather Oak for a frugal setup.

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

WOW, Grandfather Oak looks like pretty good stuff for the price...........!!!! bout time....... :lol:

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

A friend of mine ordered one at a gun show for $30 or $35 (I think $35) delivered for his HK 2000 and it has been good so far for the last 9 months. I will be getting one for my 1911.