IDPA: Oh yeah, Baby!! Steyr M40 to the rescue!

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ThaiBoxer, Nov 3, 2007.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

[​IMG]

Local IDPA match, there were 18 shooters total, 5 stages. I had a good match. Only problem was on a stage that required 3 tac-reloads, and on the last you had to reload and switch to weak hand to shoot 3 double taps. I didn't seat the mag completely, and the shot stovepiped without the mag in it. Had to tap and rack. I didn't stay long enough after I got my first place, but I might have won the "Fewest Points Down" recognition too, pretty sure I took it in my squad. Nice day with the Steyr M40.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

4. NicoX

NicoX New Member

very nice ! :twisted: :twisted:

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam strait, Dude! :p

ATTABOY, Ben!!! :p

Keep it up, Bro. Steyr needs a few more comp notables like ya. :) Hava great weekend and keep us in the loop with how you're doin' in the gun races. :)

Wulf <-- feelin' prouda Thai* :)

6. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Congrats!

My extra mags are on the way (With much thanks to CZGunner), I'm asking the wife to buy me a CR-Speed Model G holster for Xmas, a with a bit of luck I'll be competing before next year! Yehaa.

Managed to pick up a few local matches (IPSC) with the other Austrian gun, so I can't wait to see what the Steyr can do for me.

7. amonkey

amonkey New Member

Well Done!!
    Did other shooters take notice of what you were shooting? Usually, the best advertisement for a gun is to have the winner shoot it. It can get contagious.
    The ole' "If he won with that gun, then it must be better than what we have" mentality.

KEEP WINNING!!!

8. That support side switch is always tricky.

Congrats on your success.