IDPA: 4th place with Steyr, darnit

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ThaiBoxer, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

14 shooters, I did mostly OK, until I popped around a corner and put three nice, tight shots in the head of the ....no shoot/hostage, and didn't touch the hostile. Didn't even notice until the SO pointed it out, was feeling pretty sassy up until then. Oops. FTN, HtNT, and -15. I think that adds up to 27.5 seconds added. Bye-bye, baby.

Then my dad, who came out to see me and try his first IDPA, got the dreaded "stop" for breaking the 180* during a mag change. Oops.

Still had fun, and can't wait until the next one.

Ben

2. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

That doesnt sound too bad....I mean I am glad I am not the hostage but if you had not hit the hostage and rather hit the baddy how would have you placed?

Thanks

Jerry

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

You can't be a winner if you don't get in the game. Keep on keeping on and win one for the Steyroids next time. :mrgreen:

4. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

"breaking the 180* during a mag cahnge", could you please explain what this means.

THanks.

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

When the muzzle sweeps back across a line parallel to the range. This means that he was not being careful with his muzzle as he was changing a magazine, and as result he was DQ'd. It is supposedly something that happens to everyone, sooner or later.

Jerry, I just saw your post. If I had done that stage correctly it would have been a definite second place finish for me, and maybe better.

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

at least you shot the hostage clean... hahahaha. no suffering.

the next time that happens, just tell the SO, "i never liked that guy anyway."

i can't wait for competition season to start up here.

7. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I told the SO "She was a collaborator", but....didn't help. :hand: