Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
14 shooters, I did mostly OK, until I popped around a corner and put three nice, tight shots in the head of the ....no shoot/hostage, and didn't touch the hostile. Didn't even notice until the SO pointed it out, was feeling pretty sassy up until then. Oops. FTN, HtNT, and -15. I think that adds up to 27.5 seconds added. Bye-bye, baby.

Then my dad, who came out to see me and try his first IDPA, got the dreaded "stop" for breaking the 180* during a mag change. Oops.

Still had fun, and can't wait until the next one.

Ben

·
Registered
180 Posts
That doesnt sound too bad....I mean I am glad I am not the hostage but if you had not hit the hostage and rather hit the baddy how would have you placed?

Thanks

Jerry

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pilotbenjamin said:
"breaking the 180* during a mag cahnge", could you please explain what this means.

THanks.
When the muzzle sweeps back across a line parallel to the range. This means that he was not being careful with his muzzle as he was changing a magazine, and as result he was DQ'd. It is supposedly something that happens to everyone, sooner or later.

Jerry, I just saw your post. If I had done that stage correctly it would have been a definite second place finish for me, and maybe better.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
at least you shot the hostage clean... hahahaha. no suffering.

the next time that happens, just tell the SO, "i never liked that guy anyway."

i can't wait for competition season to start up here.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I told the SO "She was a collaborator", but....didn't help. :hand:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts