i ordered my ma1 to day

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by eazyeddie, Apr 16, 2007.

1. eazyeddie

eazyeddie Guest

that mean time will move so slowly untill it comes on thursday!!!!!!!!!!

time is already slow enough

thanks every one for your help and info about the mA1

2. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

Awesome move. Which caliber did you get? I always like seeing someone in Massachusetts getting a gun. It's still an American free country. Later,

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

You won't be sorry! Don't forget to post the obligatory range report (and pictures are always good) :).

4. Remember to give it a good cleaning as per the tutorial we have (had?).

Don't oil up the striker pin or channel or at least wipe it dry if you do.

I recommend WWB for your break-in period.

Have fun and keep us posted.

5. eazyeddie

eazyeddie Guest

tglahn17

i got the .40 cal i am in law enforcement and needed a second arm and something to practice on.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats.
    It will seem like a month-long week.

7. smores

smores Guest

Oh don't worry, I have been trying to get mine since mid-NOVEMBER!!!!!!

My M40-A1 should finally be arriving tomorrow or the next day at my FFL. Of course then I have to undergo the 7-day wait period for the State Police to "Not Disapprove" my paperwork..... :roll:

BTW - is it just me or does it seem we have a lot of new members picking up these pistols in the past week or two?

8. eazyeddie

eazyeddie Guest

/?

sorry you feel to many peopl;e like these pistols in the last couple of weeks i diddent think that wouls cause frustration for others. i mean my happenes to finaly get the pistol i wanted...

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Don't worry, eddie - he was just razzin' ya. :) Cold_Fluorescence hasn't been able to hop on the bandwagon until recently due to CDNN's shipping policy to his state.

And you are right, Cold* - we have been picking up a lot of new folks lately. IMHO, it is a good thing - new blood means new ideas to be traded, and hopefully a larger community means more aftermarket attention.

10. smores

smores Guest

yeah eazyeddie - I was just being sarcastic... I'm not mad or anything. I know it's just a downside of living in a heavily regulated state. You wouldn't believe the hurdles we have to get through to get a new pistol in this state... and most dealers seem like you're bothering them if you want them to get you anything they don't carry. Luckily I've found some good people after a lot of searching that should ease the pain in acquiring new guns.

- For all those new to Steyr, I hope you enjoy your new gun(s)! I know I will :D

11. eazyeddie

eazyeddie Guest

i diddent mean to come off like a jerkk

what i ment is i live in mass and we cant get these arms in state but i am a resident student in vt so i get all the fun toys i want and with minimum hurdles to jump
    so for me it took along time to get out of mass and in to a state were guns are not the most eval things in the world...

12. smores

smores Guest

Yeah, when I move out of my dad's house (next year or so - hey, I'm only 21 and in school...) I plan on moving to VA or PA if possible. 2 very gun-friendly states that wouldn't be so far away so I could still be near my family/friends. It's not just that that I want to move out of the area. I have been the victim of several car break-ins, and gang activity is continually rising. Especially with all the hispanics invading (MS-13 is HUGE in the county I live in).

13. SELFDEFENSE

Yes. Night and day between Maryland and Virginia.

14. smores

smores Guest

Oh, BTW I called my dealer today. He had a box from the USPS for me.... guess where I'm going tomorrow :twisted:

15. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

way to go CF, know you have been waiting a while.
    hope its everything you expect and more.
    now work the slide, dry fire it, grab a box of ammo and head for the range.

16. smores

smores Guest

Still gotta wait 7 days for paperwork to clear, but I've got 250 rounds coming to me through the mail. I am so happy to be getting this fine gun!

However, I'm already lining up my next purchase. I just received my C&R FFL yesterday (4/16) and will be mailing a few copies out. I plan to get a CZ-82 or Mosin Nagant as my first "relic" ;)

17. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Glad to hear you and Wulf got it all worked out, Cold_Fluorescence! :D I'm sure you're going to love it!

18. SELFDEFENSE

19. smores

smores Guest

I get to pick it up next Friday. I'm going to make sure I'm off Saturday so I can get you guys a range report ASAP!

Strangely, the FFL that the gun came from sent me a free set of sun/shooting glasses and a .380 ACP PPK/s mag. Now I have to get one to use it in ;)