I need more mags for my M40

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Nailbanger, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Nailbanger

Nailbanger New Member

Can someone direct me in the right path to purchasing some extra magazines for my new Steyr M40 in Canada....greatly appreciated as I only have 2 10 round mags and we all know how reloading mags suck..

2. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

I do not know about in Canada, but I do see that the majority of pistol mags on Gun Broker are for the M40. Mostly 10rd mags and some 12rd available, especially if you have the coin that they are asking for them now.

3. Nailbanger

Nailbanger New Member

I don't mind paying a little more, but everywhere I look they won't ship to Canada... I found a pair on eBay brand new for less than $50 but again they won't ship to me.....Us Canadians need to shoot too lol

4. Okie67

Okie67 Member

5. rooky

rooky New Member

The gun centre in Kitchener ontario has 2 of them on the shelf. Get in touch with them and they will ship them to you or I can go get them and ship them to you if you like.

6. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

I have 2 10-rd mags that I will send to Canada with the shipping costs added

7. Nailbanger

Nailbanger New Member

I called The Gun Center today and they didn't sound like they wanted to ship them to me.. They said they would call back right away with shipping costs and my payment info, but no call back :(

8. rooky

rooky New Member

If you like, I can go buy them and ship them to you. I'm fairly close to them and you can send me an emt. I would think 15 bucks would cover shipping

9. Nailbanger

Nailbanger New Member

I'm down for that... 306-261-8839 gimmie a call and we can go from there... Cheers man

10. jhb

jhb Member

Not sure why mag sellers are resistant to ship from usa to canada. I know on the knife forums, everyone is freaked by canadian custom and allot on the big knife forum won't ship to canada....but I know nada about canadian gun laws other than the vz58 is legal and the ak isn't. Is there any laws to stop shipping or might give customs agent reason to maybe flag and stop? Better question....isn't there any canadian online stores to buy from? Or am I missing the obvious? Thanks.

11. Nailbanger

Nailbanger New Member

I don't know what the deal is with customs and why mags and parts can't be shipped its just stupid... We Canadians do have SOME gun laws I agree with but some are just silly... To own a handgun in Canada you have to be a member to a gun club/ range before you can even purchace one.... You also have to have a "restricted" endorsement on your P.A.L.(positions and acquisitions license) any gun with a barrel length less than 4.25 inches is considered a "prohibited" weapon and can't be owned unless you have a "prohibited" endosment (which you can't get unless you had it prior to 199?) we also can't get any "ccw" permits unless your job requires you to have a sidearm... On the plus side Canada has less "mass shootings"

12. jhb

jhb Member

Good. Info, thanks.

Btw, jgsales shows steyr .40 -12 round mags in stock. Didn't see any info on will or won't ship to canada, maybe worth an email if you're still hunting for 'em?

On the mass shootings here. True, and it shows canadians have guns and they don't engage in this often or at all. Must be something else going wrong in america besides guns, eh?;)

13. Nailbanger

Nailbanger New Member

In Canada we are only allowed 10 round mags and that's it !!! In the city I live in (Saskatoon, SK)there are stabbings almost daily....

14. Nailbanger

Nailbanger New Member

I'm not saying Canada is better or worse.... In my opinion, Americans are just crazier (no ofence to anyone reading this) just settle down and have a Poutine Ehh :D

15. jhb

jhb Member

I won't argue with that. America has had a violent culture since day 1....and plenty of crazy. Somethings never change I guess?

16. Nailbanger

Nailbanger New Member

I just received my mags today.... Thanks a lot man I owe ya !!

17. rooky

rooky New Member