i know this dosent mean much to some but to others it means

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by eazyeddie, May 2, 2007.

1. eazyeddie

eazyeddie Guest

please pass this on in any way you can this is a grass routs effort and it needs all the help it can get please dont be mad for me posting this here i just want people to help in this time...

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007

Body: Don't pump gas on may 15th
    Body: ...in April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas
    station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil
    companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

2. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Well ahead of you on this. Maybe it's just my circle, but almost everyone I know is on this bandwagon at the moment.

Gas prices are projected to approach if not exceed $4 a gallon this summer, even my 35 mpg sedan is going to cry when that occurs.

3. Angel

Angel Guest

I am hoping gas hits $5/gallon soon so that ppl around me will stop doing stupid shit that hurts the env.

We have ppl here who are buying houses and commuting into town from as far as 55 miles away and whining about it.

Then we have ppl who are having their first baby and going out to buy a new Suburban, "cause they need the space". Puhleaze! ppl around here deserve to pay $5/gallon so they can realize the cost of their choices at least to them, if not the environment.

:evil:

4. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

High gas prices effect everyone Angel, fossil fuel dependent transportation costs and manufacturing costs are factored into the price of just about everything. Higher prices not only impact the lives of people who can afford to do stupid things but more significantly the lives of people who are already struggling to make ends meet and put food on their table.

Yes, fossil fuels are for the most part a finite resource (we have not come up with a way to replace them as fast as we consume them, nor are we likely to) and maybe you feel good about giving even more money to all those environmentally friendly oil companies who are only doing their part by raising prices so that people are more aware of just how precious their commodity is, but I do not.

oil prices and therefore gasoline prices should be much lower than they are right now. the worldwide production of oil is still increasing and the current prices only demonstrate the ability of a continually more consolidated oil industry to exploit the media indoctrinated masses and control the market.

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

I'll boycot that whole week, and more if need be. This $#!t is way out of control!
    _______
    mugdava

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

The gas companies drill endless dry holes and pay scientific teams to research the geology and physics of exploration in remote and inhospitable areas all around the world. They then extract what they can find, transport the crude over long land and water voyages to refineries, refine over 40 different costly blends at different times of the year due to enviornmental regulations. They then unload the refinery tanks, load tanker trucks (all under hazmat precautions and conditions). They then offload at distribution centers and the local gas station owners pay to run their business to give you uninterrupted supplies of the gasoline you need.
    For all this activity they are charging $3.00 per gallon with about 8 cents as profit. Meanwhile, the liberal politicians who are always bloviating about the enviornment and the evil big oil companies take $.40 - $.60 cents out of the $3.00.
    Check the cost of the milk and bottled water in the gas station kiosk. They cost more than the gasoline.
    This is a lot of left-wing, Democratic Party, marxist hoo-haa.
    The real problem is the politicans who act like the Mafia and take protection money (taxes) from the most efficiently run industrial organizations in human history.

7. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

SELFDEFENSE +1

I'll be filling up on the 15th for sure.

8. SELFDEFENSE

Zundfolge

+2.
    Did not know about the 15th before this, but I will make sure to fill all 3 cars on that day.

9. SELFDEFENSE

This just made me realize:
    I am going to boycott milk and bottled water on the 15th since they are an order of magnitude overpriced compared to gasoline.

10. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint New Member

Regarding the Gas Boycott

Until America as a whole takes some responsibility, nothing is going to spur the current gas games being played by big oil.

The oil companies know this is a non-issue because they know people will buy gas on the 14th or 16th... woopedidoo...

On a personal note, I paid almost $18.00 per pound for some dried cow the other day... damn the beef jerky companies! That's robbery!

11. SELFDEFENSE

Drill offshore, use caol gassification, oil shale and nuclear and we won't send a dime to the MidEast, and gas will be about $1.75 a gallon. Oh, and build the first new refinery in 20+ years.