Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice Steyr rifle recieved from my son who purchased it about 30 years ago, cannot find a mdel number.. The name on left side of reciever is "Steyr-Dimler-Puch AG Steyr" .. It has a double-set trigger and a silver(chrome/stainless) bolt and handle, handle is the "butterknife " styleraised cheekpad, 23" barrel, I believe it is 30-06 caliber, but cannot find any confirmation of this on the gun. A 30-06 cartridge seem to chamber satisfactorily,but want confirm this before firing the gun. the number 35340 is stamped on right side of the reciever and again on the right side of the barrel.which I assume is the serial number. A number "62" is stamped on left side of the reciever and again of the left side of the barrell. May indicate 2962 for date of manufacture. a safety with red dot is on right side of reciever near or at the rear. the rear end of the bolt has a little "blued" lever that can be raised when the bold is closed, but not sure what it does. it has "made in Austria" stamp on top of reciever..

Any help in idenifying this rifle would be appreciated. also approximate value.and a owners manual.

it has a Baush & Lomb 2.5 x 9 power scope , marked BALVER 8B ,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi..... I'm new here.

Is the bolt handle in front of the rear receiver ring or behind it? Right now I'm guessing it's a 1956 Steyer Mannlicher Schoenauer.

The top of the front receiver ring (where the barrel breech is) should say what it is.

Jcf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say it is in front of the rear reciever ring. the top of the front recciever ring does appear to have some letter stamped, but it is covered by the scope mount. and I am reluctant to remove it. the magazine appears to requires loading thru the top. but the bottom of the magazine does appear to have a hinged bottom plate and has a silver recessed button, but pressing it does nothing,

there is a button on the right side next to the bolt that appears to only ejects the unfired cartridges.

attached are some photos

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Machine gun

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Wood Fixture

Automotive exterior Bicycle part Wood Eyewear Twig

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Motor vehicle Air gun Trigger Shotgun Automotive exterior

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

Bicycle part Air gun Gas Auto part Nickel

Hood Window Motor vehicle Vehicle Wood

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to measure the bore at the end of the barrell with my venier calpers , and it came out to about 2.95 to 3.00 so I assume this was a 3.00 bore from land to land. which I believe would be a 30 caliber and for the 30-06. the magazne hold s 5 cartridges, which surprised me , is this a type of rotary magazine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts