I bought a Steyr M40 for $280

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I always wanted to pick up ond of these handguns but they were never for sale around my area. Well a few weeks ago I spotted a used but looks brand new Steyr M40 for $279 at a gun shop in MN.

I live in WI so I had to have shipped to my local FFL. Well I did not have to pay sales tax and my FFL did not charge me for the transfer so now I have a very nice 40 S&W handgun for a great price.

Now my AUG and SBS .308 will have some company in the safe.

Chris

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

cool!! sounds like a good price.

you'll love it.

we require a range report of course!!!

but more importantly, what's your take on the hk91. i've always liked the look but have never held one.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I just shot the gun tonight and I am very impressed. It is simple, fast, and very accurate. It was just as accurate as my HKs and Glocks tonight.

As for my thoughts on the HK91. I love it!! The HK91 is my favorite .308 rifle.

I use it for deer hunting, with a 3X9 Leupold and Williams Set Trigger. And I have shot a lot of deer with it over the years.

Today if you were looking to buy one a PTR-91 or JLD-91 is not a bad way to go. The HK has the best quality, but the PTR is very well made and is $800 to $1200 less than a real HK91.

Take care,

Chris

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

JLD's PTR-91 is made on original H&K tooling.

The only 91 clone that is not reversed engineer'd.

I got a nice unfired one for sale :wink:

5. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

these are the times i kick myself for not being rich. a hard chromed s40 and a hk 91 type rifle and i have to pass on both!?

6. madecov

madecov Active Member

I have a PTR91 Carbine (factory) available for sale :wink:

7. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer New Member

That's a nice price. I just picked one up with 2 12-rders, 3-10rders, Galco belt-slide leather, tritium night sights and the Steyr case for $375.

I had to add the Hogue Handall, without it the .40 slightly shifts around in my smallish-average size hands and the "point" of the top grip indent kinda galled me. The trigger is not to be compared with my smithed-up 1911, but the size of the M40 is ideal for me. It conceals well but still handles and feels like a service pistol. It definitely seems like a utilitarian bit of gear.

I'd like to eliminate the creep and shave about 2 pounds off the pull, is this possible?

TB

8. hiramabiff

hiramabiff New Member

I also want that at $280.00! :evil: I dont think I will ever be able to get a Steyr at that price down here. If I could I'll get two:!:

That's a bargain :!: :wink: