Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back in September I found a m9-a1 for sale at Cabelas in Montana for 450. Well I had promised my girlfriend a gun for over a year and it was about time I owned up to my promise. I immediately told her to put in her pistol permit application, which takes at least 60 days in Jersey, and put a down payment on said Steyr. So I paid the gun off and had it sent to my FFL and It has come in time for her birthday this Sunday problem is that the damn permit is not in yet. I mean the NRA brags that now that Illinois allows concealed carry that every state now does. WTF are they forgetting about us in NJ? We cant carry and our laws are so confusing that half the people in our state and other members here at Steyr club believe hollow point illegal even though you can buy them anywhere in the state. Sorry just needed to vent and I will post pictures of her new toy as soon as we can pick it up. BTW she is a hell of a shooter her 3rd time out she was shooting as well as I was cold, even though i warmed up and did better I have been doing this for a couple years now. I mean she is natural and you would not want to see her with my msar!!!! She thinks its in her blood as her grandfather was a celebrated marksman in the WWII and Korea era. He even was an official member of the air force competition shooting team and had several custom pistols. I told her such notions were crazy that is until she started shooting and well her third time out, first in almost a year, at 25 yards she put 23 out of 24 on the target it made me reconsider her "blood" concept. Like I said pics to come whenever the licence show up

·
Registered
142 Posts
NJ laws are convoluted, not only will your girl friend need a FID card she will need a purchase order in order to take possession of the gun, it appear that you buying it without a purchase order as well, that might be illegal there, then transferring the gun to her might be illegal. NJ regardless of what is said is a SHALL NOT issue carry permit state, probably onr of the most gun unfriendly places in the country. good luck

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the purchase order is what I referred to as a permit. She applied for that in early September. She already has the FID card and we will not take possession of said handgun until the permit becomes ready. I make sure to dot all the i s and cross the t s. During her initial application for the FID card she did receive handgun permits but I was unable to purchase a gun for her because of money and well they expired about a month before I "pulled the trigger" on the purchase. It is a shame that the state with the most gun violence and one of the highest illegal gun on the street ratio's refuses to let its citizens protect themselves. I mean I work in Atlantic City which is on the list of 50 most dangerous places in the US and the women who work as cocktail waitresses the so called "BABES" from the calenders are not allowed to protect themselves, yet they are supposed to come into work at all times in the night with next to nothing on its a damn shame. The hard working people in this state are being pushed into bad situations

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Illinois is still the dumbest state in the union.
We still don't have conceal carry. I'm a corrections officer and I can't even carry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts