I am looking for a list of why to buy Steyr for my T-Shirts

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by midtnshooter, Oct 30, 2007.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I am looking for a David Letterman Top Ten List of Why to Buy Steyrs. This list can be funny or serious. The funnier they are the more likely I am to get off with a hung jury with Steyr for infringements and royalities. I will have each screen printed (two sides) on a top notch shirt manufacturer. This will be non profit (if there was, it would Ago to this forum and Steyr so they can send me something cheap and sleazy.... maybe a t-shirt) with the front promo-ing the logo and a top ten/twenty list on the back. The shirts will be long sleeve (black) with three to four color.

So please POST all reasons and do not include anything about black helicopters ( :) Love You Syn :twisted: )

After the list has been compiled, I will post the final product.

Maybe you can submit something like...... What's the foreplay of a Glock Owner ?

Answer.... Psssstt (whispering) "Hey Sis, you awake?" :D

You make up the list, I'll pay for some Beta Shirts. This way, Steyr can only sue one person. This way it will insure I get some great "Family Time" with them on the phone. Muaw (where's the kissy kissy Emoticons?).

MTS

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I stole this first punch line from somewhere on the site while I was first poking around a year ago.

Why did I buy a Steyr? Because I'm Smarter Than The Average Glocker

Now let's see if I can be a bit more original. I've always wanted to be an ad writer. :mrgreen:

I bought my Steyr because it's the Best Austrian Plastic Pistol Nobody's Ever Heard Of

I coulda hadda a Glock like everybody else, but I Got Smart and Bought A Steyr

Steyr: Making great auto pistols since 1890, When Glocks Were Still Black, Gooey Stuff In The Ground

Steyr's been making guns since 1864, Just In Time For Sherman's March To The Sea

Since the famous Model 1905, Steyr's been making "The Best Austrian Auto Pistols In The World"

Since 1890, Steyr's been making "Milestones In Auto-Loading Pistols Technology"

Steyr had been making guns Since Hector Used A Slingshot

3. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

That is perfect, perfect. This should be really good. When all is said and done, I'll get a list of sizes and colors. Your choice of colors will be black and black. Black hides grass stains and beer spills.

Keep'm coming !

MTS

4. swede413

swede413 Banned User

superb tactical equalizer at your ready

5. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

c'mon netfotoj...

we're both american by birth, SOUTHERN BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!! hahahaha

let's leave any reference to sherman out of this.

i know, i know... the war's over...

how 'bout something like, "steyr was making guns when the british were making longbows"

let's draw some attention to steyr being a town in austria known for metallurgy prowess before anyone knew what metallurgy prowess was.

6. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

top ten reasons to buy a steyr pistol

you believe the pursuit of perfection requires constant innovation
    superior accuracy, superior ergonomics, lower recoil
    no kabooms from an unsupported chamber
    it is not just another chip off the old glock
    you know a good thing when you see it
    you are fond of precision hand tools
    you like punching holes in things
    triangles turn you on
    it just feels right
    because you can

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hey Guys :)

Good stuff! :p If any of you gifted airbrush/tattoo style artsy members can do good celtic-kinda "medieval" stuff, plz PM me. I need some help with a little project for the Club.

Sorry to interrupt this thread guys, but its kinda "involved". <shrug>

Thanx and...

Happy Halloween! ....howl :p

Wulf <-- takes another big breath an' let's 'er go again...howl

8. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

The reasons I bought a steyr

1. it's perdy
    2. they make cool machine guns
    3. it was on sale

:twisted: :wink:

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Hey transplant, I was trying to go light on all you "Yankees." I started to say something like:

Steyr's been making guns since 1864, Just In Time To Shoot at Sherman During His March To The Sea

Here's another one I thought of:

Steyr has been making autopistols since Before The World First Went To War

10. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

On the town theme

STEYR, A town in Austria with beautiful architecture.

STEYR M-A1, A pistol from Austria with beautiful architecture, superior egonomics, and great handling!

11. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

in regards to my original m40.

It's an austrian pistol with a safety.

12. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

How about

STEYR
    Better than
    PERFECTION

13. butch_d

butch_d New Member

I like this. :lol:

14. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

I been workin' onna Knight motif for my t-shirt. I'm still tryin' ta get the Sir Mannlicher, Savior of Austria, Slayer of Communists or somethin' like that legend info ta post, but I can't seem ta find it on the Internet, yet. But, I'll post what I can dig up eventually. Maybe Oliver Bauer could jump in and give us Yanks a Euro-history lesson bout 'im. I'll ask, 'im. <shrug> Anyway, I have this mental image of knights havin' an abundance of honor and bravely steppin' forward to defend their turf while some poor, defenseless buncha sheeple are runnin' away from the bad guys ...that kinda shit. Oh and the part with the nekid young damsels and big ol' goblets o' wine and ...uhh.... :shock: :oops: Anyway, so, I kinda borrowed some knight image files from the Internet and edited 'em up a bit to get my concept across until I can convince someone to do an original for me. I kinda got it in my noggin exactly what I'm wantin' for a t-shirt that I'm gonna have made up locally, come Hell or highwater! I still haven't fig'rd out the best place for an image of my M357-A1 ta go on my t-shirt, but prolly on those shoulder mapad lookin' things. <shrug> BTW, I could still use a bit o' help with the graphics from some medieval kinda Frank Frizetta-like artist member for the final , but here's kinda what I was thinkin' bout for starters. I mean, you guys are doin' some fine words an' all, but I want some fuckin' graphics! :shock:

[​IMG]

Hava good week. :)

Wulf <-- sharpenin' up another pencil with a wore-the-fuck-down eraser and 'memberin' 'is ol' grandpappy's honor speech, "Son, get on'er and stay on'er." ;)