Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this by saying---there's more than one 'right' way to grip a handgun. That said, there's a lot of wrong ways and I see that all to often so that's the root of this post and video. I shot a quick how to video for shooters out there who don't know how to properly grip a semi auto handgun (revolvers are different, if you put your support hand thumb forward you'll probably only do it once!).

The video will probably show it better than I can write it so here it is:

[video=youtube;6jYfxRAc-5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jYfxRAc-5o&feature=g-upl[/video]

I hope this will help some people out or at least serve as a reference for new shooters........

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Good video.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It is the correct technique from what I know about pistols.
I still don't use it.

I actually shoot better with a loose grip.
I'm a finger on the trigger guard guy also. But i have huge hands so I can surround the pistols without my palm, or still palm it with the left hand and reach the trigger guard. Helps with muzzle flip and it helps sink the gun into the hand deeper for me. But thats what works for me.

I'm a bit old fashioned. \

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Honestly, I've put skate tape on the front and rear of my cz75B. My hands grip it in the front and rear with minimal pressure on the sides. It shoots much better that way for me. Seriously, I can walk a line up and down the center of the target at 15 yards. I too have large hands - I thought I had very large hands 'till I shook hands with my cousin - but I digress.

Find the grip that works for you. It takes lots of dry fire, and probably lots of thoughtful rounds down range. Get small targets, and get to where you can quickly hit them. When you can, you've got your grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts