How safe do you feel in your house??

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by Texasman71, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Texasman71

Texasman71 Guest

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It wouldn't do you any good versus most of the things in that video. Jeez man, what part of Austin are you living in where you have to worry about .223, 7.62x39, .308, and 30mm cannon fire?! :shock: :p

Very cool video - thanks!

3. mrboma

mrboma Member

Great Video!
    I have been doing alot of research on Container Home Living (structures built from steel shipping containers) for a project in Hawaii. I wonder how one of the "cans" would hold up to fire like the video shows. Thank god most hawaiians are not armed with the arsenal seen in the video.
    I would be interested in finding some information about steel penetration if anyone knows of any.
    Could be another really nice plug for the "Can" option of home building.
    Regards,
    Mike

4. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

For the sake of our soldiers I hope that our dumb ass gov gets off its ass and gets our guys a 5.56 replacement. Imagine our guys and their guys under cover, who has the advantage...

5. DocChronos

DocChronos Premium Member

Try this: http://www.theboxotruth.com/

Even if they don't have a "shooting containers" test, they have tested about everything else. And like they say, "Shooting stuff is a whole lot of fun!"

Doc

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Actually, I believe the .223 SS109 (steel penetrator) does better on steel than 7.62 russian or .308, especially at a distance. I believe it has to do with the sectional density of the .223 vs. the others.

(note: I'm shooting from the hip here - I may be 100% incorrect, but that's what I recall reading while researching the rifle caliber wars :think:)

7. Texasman71

Texasman71 Guest

It wouldn't do you any good versus most of the things in that video.

Yes and no the video depicts using a fragmentation vest .

Which is not a bullet proof vest. Most Ceramic vests will stop pistol rounds and or riffle rounds fitted with a ballistic sheild/ plate.

Austin, ain't so bad but ya know this is Texas :) Too many gun freaks out there..

If shit hit the fan at least some people would learn something. Hollywood persay would have people to believe when bullets are flying ducking behind a wall n your covered.

Also anyone using a 9mm or any pistol for defense purposes. Should be using Jhp bullets. 9mm is a penatrating round. Hate to shoot a bad guy and kill a neighbor. That would suck :cry:

8. Texasman71

Texasman71 Guest

Word the Ak 47 ... Is much better for these type of things. But to be honest, most people can't hit the broad side of the barn with one. Meaning it's not a very accurate gun.

I'd like to see our troops with a better round then .223 also. But as with anything it has pluses and con's. I do however believe it's accuracy is far supierior. And that's where it shines and shows it's true colours.

I was kinda disapointed with the finding of this video and the .223 also.

9. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

All things being unequal, I do still love my FNH FS2000.

However, I would prob grab something else first, such as my AK47.

Maybe FNH will make FS2000 variants in 7.62mm? [just dreaming]

Maybe I will just have to pick up one of those AK47 bullpups....

:shh:

p.s. for comparison, check this out....

:shock: :shock:

10. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

I worry less about us as we are pretty unlikely to have to face something like what our soldiers are seeing in Icrap. I am sure we could come up with something, hell if the argument is accuracy hard to talk mess about 7.62x51...hell everyone and their moms is on the .308's nuts, why not make a m-ar-47-700...theres an alternative, problem is corruption and corp greed....hell I say send out gov over there and bring back the troops...and fuck the middle east....embargo there asses, let them eat there oil...hell I'd rather pay $10 a gallon then continue this BS war that is killing our country....

Its rediculous, I mean I saw the deficit on CNN or Headline News and it was....I don't even know what it was....I was looking at the number and I read over using each comma and was like....thousand, hundred thousand, million, billion, trillion and then I thought wtf...what comes after that gazillion??? The damn number was that big........