Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!

After 5 years of using a Glock 17 and then 15 years of using a SIG-220 it was time to buy a new gun. And my choice was a Steyr M9-A1. I really don't now why, but it was love at first sight...

Now I have one and because it was at discount at my local dealer, it like to know how old it is.

The serial number is 3009XXX and besides of the other markings on the slide it is written "BOD".

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Greg

PS: And of course I will deliver you a range report. Hopefully I have time on Saturday to introduce my new pistol to the range.
PPS: As you can read my native language is not english. So if you like to enhance my grammar and writing - you are welcome!

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Zero Tolerance6
Thank you very much for your fast and efficient answer!

Greg

·
Registered
505 Posts
Greg! Welcome to the forum!

You're from Switzerland! That's awesome!

Also quite crazy to hear that you replaced your Sig with a Steyr. Switzerland is a very cool place with their philosophies on firearms and pride in them.

:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@blueorison

Well, much has happened since I bought my first pistol 20 years ago... The gun control law has changed very much, so it's much more inconvenient to get a gun or even effective self defense ammunition. Hollow point? Forget it! But on the other hand: Switzerland is such a peaceful place - who really needs a Silvertip, Hydra-Shok or Gold Dot...

The SIG P220 (Pistole 75) was my service gun in the army. It's now quite worn out and I never was happy with the small number of rounds in the magazine and the lack of a magazine release button.

So, Steyr is the gun to go!

Greg

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wow.. that's great info... thanks! Can't believe they don't allow HPs.... will have to chat with you later.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
But on the other hand: Switzerland is such a peaceful place - who really needs a Silvertip, Hydra-Shok or Gold Dot...
But one never knows what the future might hold, and how available arms and ammunition would be in a time of crisis... Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts