How high is your round count?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by cutter, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. cutter

cutter New Member

When considering the weight difference between my C9A1 (27.2 oz) and the larger G19 (23.65 oz), I have to wonder if the added weight is because of more rugged components, heavier slide, etc all designed for longivity.

So tell me your round counts - M,S,C and L pistols.

2. SamTango

SamTango New Member

M9- ~1.5k. Still going strong

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

L9-A1 / I coming up on 1k ,
    also i have been doing a reliability test too 500rs with out cleaning at all !
    I'm doing a video on it in about 2weeks .for my 1k+ rounds review
    all good at this time .

4. STGirl

STGirl Member

My first L9-A1 just made it to 2000 rounds
    400 of Federal 124gr HST
    1600 of Federal 115gr Syntec

PSA: If you haven't tried the Syntec give it a 'shot'. We've just started using it and it is everything they claim...super clean, prevents barrel wear, runs cooler, almost no lead 'splash back' on steel.

Never been a fan of polymer pistols (Beretta 92 fan) but the Steyr has won me over, so much so my 2nd L9-A1 arrived this week, after a bit of break in it will be sent off to Robar for complete NP3+ and will become my primary. Im also considering an S9-A1 for backup/CC.

Out of the 2k I only had one failure, it appeared to be a bad primer on the HST as it had a deep well defined strike but did not ignite. I should have retried it to see if it fired after a second strike but I chucked it in the dead can without thinking.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    MicPop likes this.
  5. SurfGent

SurfGent Well-Known Member

Got about 500rds threw my m9 a1 not one hicup yet with my hand loads. 124gr extremes being pushed by titegroup = cheap plinking

6. SurfGent

SurfGent Well-Known Member

Oh and about a 100 threw my gen 1 M40. Haven't shot it that much

7. cutter

cutter New Member

Thanks for the tip on Syntec ammo, I'll give it a try.

SurfGent likes this.
  8. mangobot

mangobot New Member

M9A1 at ~1.5k rds. Only time I had a failure was a bad primer, other than that it's been awesome (apart from dodging brass to the face during the first ~200 rounds). I think the biggest session I did was about 650 rds straight.

9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Video is out today.

MicPop likes this.
  10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Geez. I would love to be able to count that high and remember that far back.