Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Today I want to share a simple homemade mag release extension that I did recently. After starting shooting in IPSC, I have noticed that I need to adjust a grip to drop the mag. I looked into different possibilities to extend the mag release button. Results are shown on photos below.
I have taken two ordinary hex screws one big and one small. The head of the big one became an extended mag release button. I have drilled a hole, a little bit smaller then the diameter of the small hex screw, through the original mag release and through big screw head. Then I inserted smaller screw into the big screw head, added some Loctite and filled everything with a file and sandpaper to get a nice smooth surface. After that extended button was inserted into the original one. Everything was done at home with handheld drill, saw and a file.

Overall view
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

View from above
4.jpg

View from below
6.jpg

In the holster
5.jpg

Just for fun
7.jpg
8.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Very nice work Test! I love your vz58 as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's really cool! What's the coating on the gun?

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
ATTABOY, test* :thumbsup:

Your mod is ingenious and soon as I get a lit'l time, I'm all over it!

Thanks for sharin', Bro.

Wulf <-- re-thinkin' 'is ext'd slide release project

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi test773
awesome modifcation, been looking for something like this for too long! Would you share some details, like measurements of inner screw and how deep you drilled? Has the blue Locktite held fast over time?
Thanks

Martin

·
Registered
233 Posts
if the blue doesn't hold for long, try the red. it will be there forever! :thumbsup: looks great to me. pretty creative.

liontribe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts