Home made brass catcher

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by hypertex, Jul 19, 2007.

1. hypertex

hypertex New Member

I am going to test out a brass catcher I made for my FiveseveN that just happens to line up correctly on my M357a-1. I located a picattiny mount, drilled a couple of holes and bent sone bronze welding rod to shape. The catcher bag is a one-gallon paint filter from Home Depot. I will post pics and results soon.

***Does anyone else(commercially) make something like this???

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I've looked into it at the urgings of a few others to make my M9A1 "supremely tacticool", but it seems the only option is the hand mounted generic e-bay type. I even tried talking BT into making one, but he didn't seem too interested. :lol:

If you are able to fabricate something that works, be sure to post pics and what was involved in the process. Depending on the finished product, I might be interested in buying one from you if your up to it. :)

3. remat457

remat457 New Member

Midway sells one for $25 but the reviews are very mixed 50-50.

I would be interested in seeing pics of yours!

4. hypertex

hypertex New Member

some pics

The paint filter was attached with hot glue. I have a black mesh now and will replace it. The mount is too long and needs to be trimmed for the Steyr but is correct for the FiveseveN. The wireframe is tilted a few degrees towards the rear sight. Oh! and it works too.
    [​IMG][/img][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I will postmore pics after the mount is trimmed and the black bag is in place.

5. West01

West01 New Member

Howdi Hypertex,

Using the front rail to attach the brass catcher...very clever!

Get a Patent! :D :D

Cheers!

West01

6. Foofighter50

Foofighter50 New Member

Hi, Hypertex,

Your brass catcher is very cool 8) :) !!

Where can we buy an inexpensive picatinny rail adapter?

7. Ammo08

Ammo08 New Member

Well, on a whim I used one of those small minnow nets, I held it next to the grip with my hand and had it lined up with the ejector port, it worked!, looks weird, but oh well.

8. hypertex

hypertex New Member

Been working a lot of OT lately...

The mount I am using is made by CAA and isavailablealmosteverywhere. I would like to find a cheaper unit but this isn't too expensive.

9. 74man

74man New Member

In you post you said that you were going to post more pictures, let us see how it turned out. I am really interested in making one for my auto. Thanks.

10. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

Since his last post on the subject was back in '07... I doubt you will get a response on this....