Holsters--rare as hen's teeth?

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Mako, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Mako

Mako Guest

Bummer. Galco has quit making their FLETCH hi-rise holster for the M series, I called them today. A call to some of the usual suspects for that brand/model yielded no success.

Moving on to other brands such as Fist or Fobus, does anyone have recos on where and what to buy in terms of an outside the belt holster for the M-A1? Thanks,

Mako

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I second the Blade-Tech recommendation - their quality is top notch. Have you visited the Holsters section of the forum? There is great information in there and several threads with comprehensive lists of holster suppliers/manufacturers. It seems like quite a few companies are now on board and it isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be to find a good holster for the M-A1 series.

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

On the cheaper side, High Noon and Grandfather Oak have been good in y experience.

5. CWILLIAMS

CWILLIAMS Guest

TRY FRONTLINE HOLSTERS

http://WWW.FRONTLINEHOLSTERS.COM. I JUST ORDERED A KYDEX FOR ABOUT $50. HAVENT USED THEM BEFORE BUT WHAT THE HELL SMALL PRICE FOR GOOD HOLSTER.

6. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

+1 for blade-tech. I have their paddle and it is excellent. Much better quality than the fobus for my .380.

7. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I have a FLETCH for my M40-A1 (wearin' it right now in fact). I bought it a CopsPlus.com; they have the best prices on most stuff, including Galco holsters.

I am not sure I like my FLETCH. Maybe it is the combination of the retention strap and that it is on the waistband instead of IWB. I am a pretty slim guy (5'11" @ 170lbs) and I feel like I am printing constantly. I want to get a hybrid FIST IWB but I am still wondering if the M-A1 is too big for me to CC. As I mentioned in a couple of other threads, I am considering the XD-40 (or 9) sub-compact w/ night sights. (Sometimes I wish I hadn't traded my K9.)

For now the FLETCH is all I have, otherwise, I would probably consider selling it to you. It is broken in but otherwise like new.

8. SELFDEFENSE

poster:
    I can't imagine you will have a problem CCWing with the M if you get an IWB.

9. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

grandfather oak IIRC will make them up for Original M and MA1

10. SELFDEFENSE

"grandfather oak IIRC will make them up for Original M and MA1"
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, that is what they told me when I spoke to them at a gun show about 6-9 months ago.

11. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Thanks Selfdefense. I was wondering if a IWB would make a big difference. A lot of the people I train with use fullsized 1911 or other medium sized autos and I am pretty sure many of them CC those same guns.

I don't want to invest in a FIST holster that I end up not using regularly. I think I might just have to take the risk and get one for my M-A1. Hopefuly it won't feel as heavy either w/ a IWB. Dunno.