Holster reqs?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by AllenTC2, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

I posted this in the Holster section, but I kinda get the feeling that is a low traffic area. Can I get some opinions? I would like an OWB (for now) holster for CCW and IDPA/IPSC. I've gotten some recommendations for the Blade Tech "Sting Ray", but as this is OWB, I was prefering something in black leather. Yeah, I know, if it's CCW it's not meant to be seen, but in some circumstances it will be.

When I either 1) lose weight, or 2) buy some bigger pants, I'll be looking at IWB, with the same criteria; for CCW and IDPA/IPSC legal. Howver, outward appearance is not a consideration.

Sorry for multi-posting, and thanks in advance for any advice.

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Perhaps the Holster section is lower traffic, but this post certainly doesn't belong here.

Good Luck!

3. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

LOL True, but I saw at least one other holster thread here, so I threw caution to the wind.

Still, if the mods decree this needs to move, just delete it. I've got one in the holster thread with a whopping two replies.

4. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I'm not a mod, so your safe for now.....

I did see your other thread, but have little to offer, as I am a big fan of the Kydex.......

5. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

LOL I am not necessarily AGAINST Kydex....I really lack the experience to judge, but it's just so danged fugly. I had a Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 (for a 1911) I thought was gorgeous. Then I bought a Blade Tech....UCH I think....for a P228. It was uncomfy and ugly. I blame the uncomfy on the fact that there is little spare room in my pants and man, did that not sound right. LOL

Anyway, the IWB didn't work for me. So for OWB, I was thinking leather. I did notice though that the Stingray is IDPA approved...also had a nice double mag pouch. I may have to try them again. I just love the look of a nicely boned leather holster.

6. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

IWB holsters did not work for me until someone told me you have to get pants a size or two larger then you normally wear. Still, I find IWB uncomfortable. A lot of people who use IWB still wear a concealment garment over it so I figured if you are going to do that may as well just use a OWB. My $0.02.

7. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

Oh, I'm with ya there PB. I don't have the coin to replace the....ummmmmmm.....at least 10 pairs of pants I own just to wear IWB! :shock: I wil definitely be going OWB.

I still like leather though. That Stingray holster...it's just so drab and featureless. I will have to do some thinking on this.

NO ONE has any leather OWB holster recommendations?

8. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Yeah, Get the Plastic Leather!!!!

Leather is too thick, prints more, and makes noise....

:wink: :wink: :wink:

9. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

:lol: Makes noise???

If it's any consolation, I am looking at Comp-Tac, Blade Tech and Fobus right now.

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Leather is notoriously noisy when rubbing against other materials.... or even itself....

:? :?

11. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

DeSantis has at least a couple of leather holsters that will fit the MA1s. I have the Speed Scabbard and love it. I'm sure there are more leather holsters available. If you didn't see anything you like in the Holster forum, PM Madecov.

12. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

I've never heard of leather making noise. I would've thought Kydex was noisier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.