Holster for C9-A1

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by JMJOHN0055, Apr 26, 2011.

1. JMJOHN0055

JMJOHN0055 New Member

I glanced but didn't see a previous thread asking about holsters for the newer C9-A1. I just got one, and haven't been able to find a paddle holster that will work. I know it's essentially an M frame with an S slide, but the S paddle from Fobus doesn't work. I'm in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky where I have the freedom to open carry (which I like to do from time to time), and I have a CCDW, so I can carry concealed as well. Any ideas on where I could find a readily manufactured holster, or where I can get a good custom concealed carry holster made?

Thanks!

2. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

the fobus doesnt work because it was made for the older S series, ( without the pic rail like that is present on your A-1 model) most people here are going to recommend with good reason that you send a PM to amybullock13 or go directly to the blade tech website...

I myself have been using holsters from LuvMy40, HeavyMetalMachine, and it the not too distant future i hope Seraph of secret city weaponeers.... all forum members

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

:agree: Any holster for the S9A1 should work, but the older S9 holsters will not because of the rail.

4. JMJOHN0055

JMJOHN0055 New Member

Justin, as always, your advice is much appreciated. I am looking at the blade tech website, and will make my decision after further review.

5. JMJOHN0055

JMJOHN0055 New Member

Okay, please forgive the noob questions, but I want to make sure BEFORE I spend my hard earned $$$ that I am spending it on the right product. Upon reviewing the items on the blade-tech website I found that make of the holsters are available for the S9 and the S9 Compact. Having made the mistake with the Fobus holster (one that thankfully will be rectified tomorrow) I want to ensure that if I decide to go with a Blade-Tech product I choose the right one. Also which am I looking for on a magazine holster?

Thank you so much!

6. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

go directly to the source brother! send a PM to club member amybullock13 ( she works for them and can answer any product related questions) and she will get you taken care of.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

What holster are you looking at specifically, JMJOHN0055? I just checked their page, and I see no "S9 Compact" - only S-9 and S-40, and neither of these will work. You need to talk to Amy, or phone this one in - you need a S9A1 holster.

8. BladeTech

BladeTech New Member

Hey all, just wanted to let you know I got back to JMJOHN0055 via PM, and that yes, we can in fact do a holster for the C9-A1. :D

Thank you all for the recommendation! Much appreciated!!

AB

9. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

awesome Amy, keep my hometown boys packing with good gear.

10. BladeTech

BladeTech New Member

:thumbsup:

AB

11. breacher

breacher Member

not as cool as a blade-tech but it works fine, has good retention for the A1 pistols. the Fobus SP-11 fits the MA1 and the SP-11b is shorter and would work well with the SA1 series (or the MA1 with some slide sticking out the bottom) I assume the XD gear holster that Springfield throws in with its XD pistols would work as well. lots of those on ebay.

[​IMG]

12. JMJOHN0055

JMJOHN0055 New Member

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. You have made me feel comfortable about asking questions in the forums, and that will greatly help me learn about and become familiar with these great firearms...

13. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

thats one of the more unique qualities of this club... everyone here is very willing to help, and are non judgmental about doing so. i've learned a ton since i joined up. i hope you hang around even after you've become acquainted with your new firearm....

14. JMJOHN0055

JMJOHN0055 New Member

J,
    What kind of jerk do you think I am? Why would I use this great club to obtain information and then not be willing to share what I've learned with others? That would be plain wrong.

15. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

haha, do you really want me to answe that ?

16. JMJOHN0055

JMJOHN0055 New Member

No. Not really...

17. JMJOHN0055

JMJOHN0055 New Member

Okay, so I've been in contact with AB from Blade-Tech (EXCELLENT customer service) and this is what she has learned. The important differences are:

Bottom of the frame at the rail to the top of the slide
    Breech face to end of barrel
    width of slide

Do you know if there is much difference between C9 and M9? I have been unable to find this information online. Any help someone from the club could give would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

18. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

There is no such thing as a C9 - they just started making the C9A1 recently. There are only "A1" versions of it.

Those differences do not sound right - the length of the slide should be the only difference, and it should be identical to the S9A1. I'm sure someone here can speak up, but it wouldn't make sense for Steyr to completely re-tool to make a pistol that has all of those different dimensions from the standard M-A1 and S-A1 guns.

I have no doubt that Blade-Tech would turn out a perfect product, but I'm not buying that the width of the slide and "bottom of the frame at the rail to the top of the slide" are any different on the C9A1. Anyone else care to chime in?

Justin, I'd love to hear what you have to say...

19. BladeTech

BladeTech New Member

Hey Syntax,

Just wanted to clarify, we were not saying that those measurements were different between the C9A1 and M9A1, we were asking what they were based on feedback we got from the customer. Those are the important measurements needed to ensure we can make the best holster to fit the particular gun he has.:D

I hope that clarifies things a bit. We will keep you posted on the outcome. Thank you for your help, and feedback, as always it is appreciated!
    AB

20. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Amy. :cheers: